This afternoon I have been looking into my neighbour's revelation that a little secret little gate behind some ivy at the end of the terrace of cottages leads to some small outbuildings (presumably previously the outdoor toilets), one of which belongs to our cottage. I got out my shears and hacked away at reams of ivy and privot, which had grown right to the ground, until I was finally able to get up the passage and inspect the small brick outhouse- it doesn't look like anyone had even been up there for decades and it was thick with Indiana Jones style cobwebs. It will be the perfect place to store our bikes though, which are currently gathering rust behind our fence, in the absence of anywhere better to put them.
Sunday, April 11
the secret passage
This afternoon I have been looking into my neighbour's revelation that a little secret little gate behind some ivy at the end of the terrace of cottages leads to some small outbuildings (presumably previously the outdoor toilets), one of which belongs to our cottage. I got out my shears and hacked away at reams of ivy and privot, which had grown right to the ground, until I was finally able to get up the passage and inspect the small brick outhouse- it doesn't look like anyone had even been up there for decades and it was thick with Indiana Jones style cobwebs. It will be the perfect place to store our bikes though, which are currently gathering rust behind our fence, in the absence of anywhere better to put them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 purls of wisdom:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x