We then headed over to Millets Farm where we had a lovely time looking at all the animals and I picked up a couple of pepper plants and a cucumber plant (heaven knows where I will fit them).
This afternoon we went for another walk and I found the most stunning allotment right by the river, complete with chickens. Chickens have been a topic of much debate in our house over recent months, I'd dearly love a couple of our own chooks to lay fresh eggs every day. Sadly we realistically don't have enough space and we are in such close proximity to our neighbours, it really isn't practical. One day though....
& what a cute little helper she is too, i'd love to give growing cucumbers a go, as George could eat them for England!
ReplyDeletethe girls love cucumbers too- I thought they might be quite hard to grow, but Alys Fowler made it look quite easy on the Edible Garden this week... we shall see! Hope little O is feeling better now!
ReplyDeletedo you think she'll bring out a book to go with her programme? i hope so as i'll be adding it to my birthday list if she does (& little O is much better thank you) have fun at the car boot!
ReplyDeleteWe're back from the carboot already- Steve insisted on getting there for 8! Alys' book is out now http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edible-Garden-How-Have-Your/dp/1846079748/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271587700&sr=8-1
ReplyDeleteand her 'Thrifty Gardener' book that came out a couple of years ago is good too. I've developed a girl-crush, she is so marvelous!