Sunday, July 11

purl jam

Another weekend over- I just don't know where the days are going at the moment!

More fabulous weather has meant that we've crammed in plenty more fun at the arts festival, a barbeque, a trip to the National Trust village of Buscot and have been teaching Flora to ride her bike.





We've also pulled our first lovely carrot


and I've made my first ever attempt at jam-making, thanks to the in-laws' gooseberries!


It was so easy- I used this recipe, adjusting it accordingly for the amount of gooseberries we had picked.


I'm storing the jars away for some Christmas hampers.


3 comments:

  1. I pull our first few carrots today - just about big enough to use, along with the first beans in a salad tonight.

    Now you've made your first jam, you'll never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tell me!! where does the time go, I am really now getting withdrawal symptoms from papercrafting! Havent made anything in over a week.

    In the past I have grown nearly every veg I think! The boys loved it when they were young:)
    Now they dont care as long as its eadible haha!!

    I see you have girls (lucky you). come and have a look at my Blog, am having a give away, you will love these things for the girls.
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have so much gooseberry jam left over from last year we are going to try and pickle some!!

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x