So how's everyone getting on with the Kids Clothes Week Challenge?
I haven't produced anything nearly as wonderful as the creations on Elsie Marley's blog, but I have found a little bit of time to whip up these little fingerless mittens for Pearl.
They should come in really 'handy' (sorry) now that the weather is getting a bit chillier.
You would not believe how difficult it was to get a photo of these mittens- Pearl does not keep her hands still for a second! She loves the mitts though and proudly wore out for the first time this morning, whilst helping me water the garden.
The pattern was super-easy, using up even the smallest stash of leftover yarn (in this case about 15g of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino) and I would say each mitt took less than an hour to knit up. I've decided I'm also going to knit a length of i-cord with the last bit of the yarn to join the mitts together, else it won't be long before one of them's lost.
Now I'm all set up for the weekend to begin my next project of the challenge- the wrap dress. I've bought the fabric today- some beautiful cozy brown needle-cord and some cotton duck with a 1930s-style floral print.
I'm feeling a bit nervous- I'm still very much learning to use my sewing machine and I'm scared that this pattern might be a bit too ambitious.
Wish me luck!

Pearl is such a litle sweetie, she looks fab in her new mittens and a true pro when it comes to modelling.
ReplyDeleteDon't be nervous about your sewing project - go for it. I'll look forward to seeing the end result x
We can compare projects now I have a blog!!
ReplyDeleteAs a new sewer, all I can say is go for it and don't be nervous! The only permanent step is the cutting - any other mistakes are MUCH easier to fix than knitting ones. And you'll get better and better each project.
ReplyDeleteIt must be said I have failed miserably on the kids clothing week challenge, with nothing being produced. Some how the week just took over and stole all my time. Can't wait to see your dress, the mittens are fab.
ReplyDeleteHi loving the fabric you chose so cant wait to see the dress...good luck! Please pop over to my blog as there is a well deserved award waiting for you!
ReplyDeleteDeb x
Wow charley they look great! I am having a flipping nightmare. The wool I bought to do it, I cant stand! Serves me right trying to do it on the cheap. I've totally missed the boat with the challenge, but will pootle on in my own steam. How did the dress get on? lou x
ReplyDeleteCute mittens, I wish I could knit, the things I could make...
ReplyDeleteGorgeous fabrics, I love needlecord - both of my dresses are going to be made from it, so snuggly and winterish, can't wait to see it finished. x
Love the fingerless mittens! how adorable!
ReplyDelete