Thursday, December 16

medicinal knitting

I've been off work today, feeling very sorry for myself and nursing a snotty Pearl. 

After I dropped Flora off at school, it occurred to me I'd completely forgotten to get a Christmas present for Flora's teacher. One quick  panicky browse on Ravelry later and I decided to knit a little bruise-resistant apple jacket (hardly any yarn needed and the pattern told me it took an hour tops- perfect!).


I must say that the estimated hour making time was a little optimistic, but I suppose they don't allow for poorly toddler interruptions. There were also a few typos in the pattern and I didn't understand the finishing instructions at all, but I muddled through and am pleased with the result. I'd be pretty chuffed if someone gave one to me, anyway.
 
Flora thinks it's the funniest thing she's ever seen- "A jacket for an apple?!" She's come home very hyper after her school Christmas party and turkey dinner!

I just can't believe it's the end of term already.
Where has this year gone?

14 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Not only would I love to receive one myself but what a fab ressie for a Teacher!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs have cosies so why shouldn't apples have jackets? I'm all for bananas wearing socks too!!

    Your apple jacket is so cute - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely idea :)

    I've had an ill child here today - feeling sorry for himself and probably means he'll miss his concert & party tomorrow :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. An apple for the teacher! Marvellous! I'd have loved one when I was teaching, what a sweet idea. Lucky teachers who get these handmade goodies!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea for an apple, i think you done a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely winter idea for an apple for teacher! I bet teacher will love it.
    Hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed! I would definitely be chuffed to receive this, what a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a wonderful idea!!!! no wonder your daughter loves is so...now about them cats with puddings- your right they are not vintage- i meant to put the image is...hehe...i found them in a charity shop in Totnes last year ;0)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making a return visit! You were right first time, it was me, not Annie. Confusing when there are two of us, I know! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too cute for words! Did Flora's teacher love it? I totally forgot to give Miss Patel (charlie's teacher) a gift... bad mummy. Feel really rotten now, as she is so nice! How's Pearly is she feeling better? lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for all your lovely comments- I'm glad you all like it as it was one of those things I thought might be just a little too odd! I made another one last night for the TA too- Flora said they liked them lots and apparently Mrs B said hers was 'adorable'!

    Pearl is much better, but still very snotty. I'm feeling better as far as the cold and tummy bug go, but am now crippled with back ache- what a whinger I am! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, its so lovely to come across and meet you

    Thankyou for the advice in readiness for the paper chains, I'll make sure I'm prepared....

    Wishing you a fabulous first christmas in your new home!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh what a brilliant idea to reduce bruising! i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x