Wednesday, December 22

snowbody's perfect

Oh goodness me, I can't believe Christmas is less than 3 days away- I feel so ridiculously under-prepared that I can feel myself starting to panic! Luckily I have Christmas Eve off work, so hopefully there is still time to get the last few pressies I need, wrap them all up and get the house ready for guests. I had hoped to have made a lot of the Christmas presents this year, but the house move has completely thrown me off guard and I have been absolutely rubbish and hardly crafted anything at all. I hope to do better next year!

We're still enjoying the snow, despite having got my car stuck this evening- the girls have really been making the most of it since the holidays started. Flora had her best friend over to play this week and they spent most of the time ambushing poor Steve with snowballs as he tried to stack the logs...



Pearl has decided she likes snowballs after all, but she seems to like eating the snow even more!




Flora's friend was sporting the most fabulous hand-knitted jumper that I couldn't help but admire- how's this for some funky intarsia?...













 










 I think the poor boy thought I was completely mad asking to photograph his jumper. No doubt, in a few years the thought of wearing hand-knit garments will mortify him!

Steve is being super-dad and has been keeping the girls busy with plenty of painting, drawing and Christmas-themed fun. I was especially impressed with Flora's sleigh drawing...


They're going to have a go at mince pies tomorrow, so I will let you know my verdict. 

Speaking of Christmas baking, every year my lovely dad bakes us the most delicious Christmas cake and this year's offering doesn't disappoint...


Now I'm seriously considering cracking open the bottle of Christmas Baileys while I write the last of my cards- cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos love! That Jumper is fantastic... there would be two boys in my home who would love to wear it. Massive Wallace & Gromit fans.

    I've already drunk a bottle of baileys already! (no, not tonight!... over the past week!)...

    We are too excited for words here... big hugs lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ready or not your family are already in festive mood and look like they are having great fun.
    Good Luck with the shopping and preparations, despite the fact that I am retired and have 'all the time in the world', I am still not ready either so take heart and just enjoy whatever you get done.
    A very Merry Christmas to you all and a happy and productive New Year!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL & Grandma used to knit the boys the most wonderful jumpers with all sorts of pictures on them. Sadly nowadays the boys would be horrified if they were given one :(

    Looks like Flora & Pearl have had lots of fun in the snow.

    Have a wonderful christmas in your new house.

    PS = well done to your Dad - fantastic cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that jumper, only considering Baileys? Not sure if I'll have enough left for Christmas day! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawing of the sleigh.
    Enjoy the festive hols and have a great Christmas.
    And I'll join you in a glass of Baileys!!!
    Chin, chin
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x