Monday, January 24

play days

I've had a lovely day off today and am in a much better mood. Pearl's tummy still isn't quite right, so we had a cosy day at home. I got on with some housework (five hours of it!) whilst Pearl busied herself with her toys.

It never ceases to amaze me how different my two girls are- Pearl is so much more of a 'girly-girl' than Flora and she will sit patiently for hours playing make-believe. Flora's niche is more the 'haring about with a light-sabre' approach to playing!

This afternoon I managed to capture a glimpse of Pearl playing with her beloved dolls' house...



as well as one of her favourite games- shops...




Pearl loves playing with money- I think she's destined to be rich!


9 comments:

  1. OH beautiful photos! So lovely to see your home and the gorgeous Pearl. Hope she is feeling alot better. I am sooo envious of that dolls house! Oh wow... yes please to having a girl and one of those to play with. Maybe I'll pop round for a play? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely - I used to love playing shops when I was little. Having 2 boys they're more interested in cars and lego!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely to see a little one playing happily by herself. I was amazed when I worked in a preschool how many children were unable to do so.

    5 hours of housework - you need a medal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little sweetie pie your Pearl is xox I remember those days of playing shop and libraries with Alice, lovely warm memories xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love all of her toys! My husband is really keen to make a dolls house for Flo so I'll show him this photo as it is just what I want. Pearl is getting so big now! Now, I'm sure I say this every time I leave a comment but I read my blogs on my phone and can't write comments, so a very belated happy birthday to you and I'm so pleased to hear that you've had a lovely day. Fx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look of utter concentration is delightful! & what beautiful wooden toys too...

    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow how fab, The one where you can see the shopping trolley is a perfect picture, she looks so pretty with the sun comming through the window and the concentration on her face, They grow up far to fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Play is so special and so fascinating. Lovely wooden toys that she has, you can see how much she's enjoying it all, and what a good girl playing independently like that! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello nice to meet you
    Seems like we have similar interests.
    How's the crochet going? Have you started yet?

    Bet you cant wait to get outside, I know I cant!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x