Monday, April 4

health kick (up the bum)

Is it me or does Blogland seem to be full of girls who spend their days sitting knitting, eating red velvet cupcakes and still manage to look svelte and ravishing in their vintage frocks?

Waage_large
Credit
Not me, I'm afraid. I have some serious lard to shift and sharpish. I need to cut back the cake and engage in some activities that raise my heart-rate (and I'm not talking about spotting promo Pyrex in junk shops).

I've spent all day sharing an office with two chocolate cakes and not having a single slice (I now have the shakes) and tonight I'm going to be trying out my new treadmill (which was £21 on ebay, but doesn't fill me with the same level of excitement as my usual thrifty purchases).

Wish me luck!



13 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm afraid I'm not any of those red velvet cupcake eating people, although red velvet is my ultimate favourite cake. I struggle very hard with my weight. I am proud to say however that I have lost 44 pounds (how many stones is that?) in the past year and I feel great. Still have about 30 to go and it's work, but you owe it to yourself and your health. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i know what you mean, i just wish i was the weight before i thought of kids, but only problem is i love sweet stuff. I would be happy just to lose a stone but not much is happening at the moment so i wish you all the luck in the world x x any tips please do throw them this way x x helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely lovely just the way you are!! However, If you want to shed some pound's I will help you. I can take you on one of my walking lunch breaks, it really gets the heart pumping and the legs working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost a stone a year ago using the tesco online diet, using the GI diet plan. It worked, I've kept the stone off... I just need to loose another stone to be happy. I'm going to loose weight with you! good luck hun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, De tout De rien, that is loads! I lost nearly 4 stone in between my babies- mainly by cycling to work and to all my work appointments, but that is not possible any more, since we moved.

    Bears Footprints- it's hard work isn't it- the worst thing is that by the time I've been at work all day and finally got the little ones off to sleep, I just want to flop with a glass of wine, not pop on my running shoes and get sweaty!

    Saphy- I may just have to take you up on that offer!

    Lou- well done with the stone, that's great. Really, I need to lose 5 stone, but I'm aiming for 2 as a start x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do know that those women who sit round knitting and eating cake in vintage frocks are not really svelte, they are big old saggy mum's like the rest of us, they just use body doubles for their photos. Why do you think SO many people only have their pics taken from the head down. Nothing to do with privacy, all to do with not being found out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too need to really lose weight - I am twice the woman I once was. This weekend the family went to pedalways in the Forest of Dean - do you know it? I haven't cycled for years but it was GREAT fun and now that I'm able to sit down again I am looking forward to doing it again. It is a start...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do spend an inordinate amount of time knitting and eating cake, however I am not svelte and I too need to shift the winter lard reserves. Knitting has given way to spring cleaning and thoughts of being outdoors but I have always shifted weight with good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise. Yoga is good for this, but so is allotmenteering! good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5 stone...no way - you look absolutely gorgeous in your pics!!!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I do wish you luck, I still haven't shifted the 'baby' weight (and my youngest is about to turn 4, the oldest 6) so I sympathise. I have ideally 2 stone to loose, but I'd be happy with 1, and even that I find very hard, I'm hoping walking the boys to school in september helps. you do always look lovely, but I know it's about how you feel yourself that counts. Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for your moral support- I'm jolly well going to do it this time!

    And thanks Caroline (blush) I just pick the most flattering pics to post on my blog- naturally! I promise there's plenty of spare lard though, in the post below it's mostly hiding underneath the table! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I eat red velvet cupcakes, but I am not so svelte as some. Think I need to start hopping up and down as I blog or something...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x