Happy birthday to my beautiful Flora-Dora. Amongst her lovely presents are two very squeaky guinea pigs, tickets to the theatre and new shoes just like mama's.
We're all off swimming to recover from the mayhem that was last night's pizza and movie party, where there were a number of perturbing incidents including glow-sticks floating in the toilet (Steve's first comment after the guests had left was 'you can see how the UK riots started so easily')!
I cannot believe I have been a parent for 7 years- does the overwhelming feeling of terrifying responsibility ever go away?







Ah I bet they had a ball - even if it was crazy for you. Bless her she does look more like a big girl now... xxx
ReplyDeleteShe's getting so grown up, it's crazy! xx
DeleteLooks fab, L turned seven on March 3rd, it felt very emotional for me! I kept thinking only three years until she is ten! Esp. love the last shot x
ReplyDeleteOh crikey- 10! That is a terrifying thought! And then it will be nearly time for highschool!
DeleteA happy birthday to her - love the new shoes - am hoping I get some similar to that for my birthday later this month :)
ReplyDeleteHope you get what you wish for x
DeleteHappy birthday Flora. This post has started a guinea pig discussion in our house! I love the birthday card. And no that terrifying feeling of responsibility NEVER goes away!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the guineas- they are so sweet and they keep chatting to us! xx
Deletehappy birthday!!!!!...they grow toooooo quickly! sounds a superly lovely way to spend it, pizza, friends, family!...love the shoes and sweet squeaky guinea pigs! ;0)x
ReplyDeleteIt was lots of fun! x
DeleteHappy birthday to your gorgeous girl! Looks like it's been a very busy buzzy happy weekend for you all! I cannot believe where the time flies either with Alice heading towards 12. Savour each and every fragile moment xox
ReplyDelete12, goodness I bet that's gone quick!
DeleteThat cake is awesome! Where did you get those candles? Happy 7th Birthday Flora! x
ReplyDeleteThanks! I picked up the candles in a local garden centre,but looks like these ones are the same http://www.shopsixtyseven.co.uk/#/shop/4557364036/Mini-Toadstool-Candles/1208164 x
DeleteHappy birthday beautiful seven-year-old!!! She is so lovely, and that cake is wonderful . . . I love the candles : )
ReplyDeleteThankyou- she really had a lovely day. The cake was yummy x
DeleteThat is a fancy dancy cake!! I love it!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your beautiful girl!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Flora... in my experience (admittedly only a year on from you) the answer to your question is no the terrifying seems to be getting worse - I think babies are easy to look after well - you keep them fed, clean, warm and they grow... as they grow they become 'real people' and you start to see things you've done or said in the way that they act and talk which is very scary!
ReplyDeleteHappy 7th birthday to your little one - seven is such a magnificent age - though the trials and tantrums 'phew' we are one month in with our just turned seven year old girlie and it's proving interesting......so far.
ReplyDeleteThe party looks fab though and you did a sterling job.
Nina xxx
ps. Florence had the very same card for her birthday. N xxx
Wow looks like she had a fab day and I love her new shoes! You have one very gorgeous girl there, and nope I don't think that feeling goes away - I suppose it is pure love x
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is beautiful! Looks like she had loads of fun! x
ReplyDeleteSnap! Just had similar carnage for my eldest's 7th birthday too. No glowsticks in the loo, but they did leave chaos in their wake. In hindsight, a treasure hunt throughout the house and garden was a 'brave but foolish' idea.
ReplyDeleteLove the cake, the happy bananas are inspired!
***To those I follow and who follow me - is my blog appearing on your dashboard? Blogger appears to be losing some blogs I follow!**
I've got a horrible feelling that terrifying responsibility continues long after they've left home! Looks like she had a lovely party and love that cake, Guinea pig talks going on at our house too! :)
ReplyDelete