Monday, April 26

ruby slippers

My job is generally very tiring and thankless at the best of times, but it has seemed particularly draining over the last few weeks, with long hours and an especially stressful caseload. I cheered myself up by buying myself some beautiful, comfy new shoes in my lunch break- retail therapy with an item that I really did desperately need this time, as all my other shoes are falling to bits.

I didn't get home from work until late, but when I did, I found further simple pleasure in the little carrot seedlings I saw poking up from my raised bed- they definitely weren't there yesterday when I was inspecting the sprouts. It's fascinating how these things just spring up overnight!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shoes girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got new shoes today too - I would rather spend money on feet than my face! the result will be the same (nice face)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that- my gran used to tell me 'what you wear on your feet shows on your face' which is so true, because I always look miserable as sin when I have sore aching feet after I night out in stilettos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x