Sunday, May 30

apusskiduski

Another sunny Sunday morning of car-booting, and while I didn't pick anything up for myself, Flora chose some wonderful Ladybird books, which I will enjoy reading with her.


Steve picked up quite a few records- I especially liked these BBC birdsong LPs which I might end up claiming as my own...


We then went to a garden centre with my dad, who recently had his fish pond pilfered by a neighbourhood cat, so the girls helped him choose some replacements.

They then set them free from their tiny polythene bag into the big wide-world of his pond...

ready to make it their comfy new watery home.


Let's hope these ones look less appetising to felines!

My dad also made the girls a makeshift swing in his garden to keep them occupied, which proved very popular, despite the scrapes and bruises which were incurred during it's trial.


When we got home I planted out my Moneymaker tomatoes in this ingenious grow-bag hider, who'd have thought there was a garish plastic grow-bag underneath?


I'm now off to finish off some bits of knitting I owe to a few friends' new babies and I plan to slump on the sofa having a nosey through this free magazine I picked up at the garden centre.


Rock 'n' roll!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Sunday sounds just like ours, car boot, garden centre followed by some digging on the allotment. I guess it's what Sundays are for!
    Have a good evening
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit of Deja vu there, we also went to a car boot and then a garden centre, and my names ...Jenny.
    Your daughters look like they really enjoyed helping grandad, and that grow bag cover is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family you have... Your girls are so pretty!
    Wishing you all a wonderful Bank Holiday!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x