Thursday, May 27

spring chicken

Flora had her class assembly this week, where she and all her friends in Chestnut class gave a presentation about their recent outing to a local farm. Unfortunately I couldn't get the time off work to go and watch it, so Steve and Pearl went without me. To make up for it, Flora gave me a special private rendition of their song instead, and I think you'll agree it's a pretty catchy tune...



Bless her, she's always so enthusiastic about everything!
(I wonder who she gets that from..)


Speaking of spring chickens, another highlight of my day was being asked for proof of age when I was buying some camping gas in my lunchbreak! I'm stocking up with camping equipment ready for the many weekends away we're planning for the summer- how pretty is this stove and cool bag I picked up, both half price, in Robert Dyas.

I just can't wait to try out our new tent...

8 comments:

  1. Oh bless her - what a performer :)

    My 2 used to sing that song at primary school too.

    Can't wait to get camping this year either - roll on July :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! The ending is in my head already! Will this be the first time you''ll take Pearl camping? I wanted to go this summer but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I mention it. Hmm, maybe it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweetie & a lovely song!

    we might end up living in our tent! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fay- it'll be the first year proper camping with Pearl- last year we took her 'glamping' at Featherdown Farm http://www.featherdownfarm.co.uk/, which was fabulous, but too expenisve this year, now we have to fit in with school hols!

    Kelly- have you still not found anywhere to live?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave going camping, hats of to you. I did love it when I was a child but I'm thinking caravaning looks much more appealing now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless her.... she's so cute! I love the dance.. obviously having a bed to bounce on makes a big difference! lol

    cool camping gear... and of course you had to check your age... your so young and full of bounce like your darling girl! ;D

    and is that the famous 5? I loved those books!

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alex- and that is John, Roger, Susan and, um, 'Titty'!? from Swallows and Amazons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it is Titty.
    Flora is beyond cute.
    I want a green stove, that's ace. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x