Today I have been lucky enough to have an extra day off work as Flora had a school inset day. I love having Tuesdays off work as it is market day and today was particularly exciting because on the first Tuesday of every month there is a farmers' market selling country fare such as freshly baked bread, local honey and meat from the neighbouring farms.As well as pottering around the market stalls, I also took the opportunity to go to the library- something else I don't get to do often enough with a full time job. They have a good gardening section in our local library so I selected three books- one about edible container gardens, one about foraging for free food and Alys Fowler's
The girls have been
itching to get in on some gardening action, so we bought a little packet of sunflower seeds and they sowed them into some small fibre pots. I'm not sure if Flora believes that they are going to grow taller than her 6ft4 Daddy! The sunflowers will add some height and colour to the garden, but they are useful too, as we will be able to save the tasty seeds they produce to sprinkle on salads and home-baked bread rolls.
0 purls of wisdom:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x