Sunday, May 2

strawberry sleeves forever

It's been pouring down all day, hampering our plans to go carbooting and picnicing again. The girls were going stir crazy cooped up inside, so to get out of the house for some fresh air we made a trip to the garden centre to pick up some bamboo canes for the legumes and more compost for my seed trays.

I had intended to get some straw to mulch the strawberry plants, as with all this rain I was worried about the runners sitting on such damp soil. Instead, I came away with these rather strange, yet ingenious, biodegradable mulch mats. They were slightly too big to sit neatly in my planter, but were easily trimmed down to size with scissors. I can't help thinking it looks as though I've laid down 7" single sleeves round my plants- let's hope once the strawberries start appearing, the mats will be nicely camouflaged!

0 purls of wisdom:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x