Friday, July 2

my fair ladies

I've been having a very busy and stressful couple of weeks at work, hence my blog posts being rather thin on the ground. Towering piles of paperwork, crippling budget cuts and verbal abuse have made keeping an acceptable work/life balance impossible.

However, all the crap faded into insignificance this afternoon when I went on a visit and was greeted at the door by a very special little boy who had picked me these flowers.


Little moments like that remind me we really do make a difference to some of the children.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And at long last it's the weekend- time to focus on my own little lovelies!

The girls' evening has been filled with a hedonistic blur of spinning, bouncing, dart throwing, winning prizes and stuffing their greedy little chops with candy-floss.


They have now been snugly tucked up in their beds and are sound asleep, dreaming of music and merry-go-rounds.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Thanks for following my blog, much appreciated. I empathise with you on the work front I am guessing we may be in the same line of work. Have a great weekend.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you have such delights to go home to when work life is so stressful. Enjoy your weekend, it is after all what work is for, to enable you to enjoy your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, C, that's so lovely of the little boy. It's made me miss work and the odd presents you end up with. I'll never forget the huge bag of bras I got from a woman who had a double mastectomy - some of them were older than me!

    The girls look like they loved the fair, I hope the rest of the weekend is as successful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love treasure gifts from children... Charlies best friend Lucy is always giving us gifts of her drawings... we have more of her gallery then my own boys! p.s. I love your blog... your girls are beautiful too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x