Sunday, August 29

afternoon tea

Today I made a concerted effort to spend some quality time with the girls and we spent the afternoon decorating a little tea set with porcelain paints.

I love this picture of Pearl- normally she loves to make as much mess as possible, but she tried so hard to paint her cup nicely and seemed pretty proud of the finished product.


When we ran out of dolly cups and saucers I brought out some of our proper plates to decorate too- Pearl is constantly requesting that we draw tractors for her, so I painted one on a dinner plate.


Now I'm certainly no artist, but I enjoyed myself as much as they did, if not more!


As a working mummy, sometimes I feel like I only ever see them when we're all tired and grumpy, so I really must do things like this with them more often- you must all hold me to that!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls! What a lovely idead, and such great artists. I know what you mean, it's difficult fitting everything in. Good for you for recognising you needed to do this, alot of people just blunder on though life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet - even as a mum who works very part (term) time only i still have to remind myself to do this x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x