Friday, August 13

in a pickle

Something else I have been doing this week is chutney-making, using up my glut of tomatoes and my neighbour's allotment-grown onions.


I made the recipe up as I went along, mainly using bits and bobs I had in the cupboard, and it tastes awfully vinegary at the moment, so I'll be interested to see what it takes like in a few weeks, after it's had time to mature...

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Love the heart fabric too. Went to the kitchen shop yesterday for jam jars and a funnel. I have too many runner beans and courgettes... looks like this will be my project this weekend too. Maybe we swap a jar? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh yes what a good idea- I'd love to have a pickle swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something I shall be doing next month when I've a load of unripened tomatoes left. I think one of my first ever blog posts was about making chutney!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely... made spicey glutney on saturday (will blog about it tonight)... so would love to send you one ;0)...

    email me your address, and somehow I will send it to you...need to think about boxing it up so it wont break! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh exciting- will email you this evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x