Saturday, August 14

as luck would have it

Space and storage is a bit of an issue in our little cottage and I've been keeping my sewing machine stored up in our attic bedroom. Every time I want to use it I have to lug it down two flights of stairs to set it up on the dining table. I'd been wanting to get my own crafting space set up in our bedroom so that I can sew whenever I want to, without it being a major faff. So I was extremely excited when I saw a post for a sewing table on Freecycle earlier in the week. I was the super-lucky person who was chosen as its new owner and I went to collect it this morning.



Not only is it extremely useful but it is also the most fantastic piece of vintage 1960s (?) teak and rosewood furniture. It needs a bit of tlc- stripping and varnishing, which I will get round to in time, but it fits perfectly into our bedroom and even has four handy draws for storing my bits and bobs.











Just look how clever it is- you just tip the hatch..

pull the handle..


and up pops the sewing machine, all ready to go...

It must be the most exciting thrifty find ever!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really, rally groovy. Nearly makes me want to take up sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blimey! That is awesome! You are so lucky! I havent seen one of those before...so James Bond! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those that is so groovy!! you lucky lucky thing. I would love my own little craft space. My hubby sells summer houses and has suggested getting one for all my clobber, but I don't think I would want to step outside in the winter, although the idea of decorating it with bunting and crochet blankets and cushions is very tempting. jacey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACE! You should have a craft shed in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I want one. Lucky you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's got to be the best freecycle find ever!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i so need one of those, i'm still lugging my about everytime i want to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x