Monday, August 16

patience

This evening at bedtime, instead of a story, Flora asked if I could teach her to knit with the little set that she got for her birthday in March from her uncle and aunt. She was so deep in concentration, I took some pictures of her various facial expressions as she practiced.


I don't think Flora really enjoyed it as much as I was hoping she would . She wants everything done yesterday!


8 comments:

  1. Oh!! That is just sooooo sweet.

    Brings back memories of my Mum teaching me, many, many years ago!

    I just love it when children have that concentrated look on their face.

    Unfortunately I had boys! Mind you I think they did watch me knitting and had a little go. But then the MAN thing kicks in haha.

    She will have another ago, she is still very young:)
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute!!! I can't wait to see her at the weekend. You do need patience to knit, that's why it gets on my wick. Bee always says you are a process knitter (enjoy watching it develop) or a product knitter (like looking at the end product). I love looking at something I've finished but hate the process of getting there!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I think I must be a product knitter- that's why I knit so many socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you really enjoy figuring out the patterns and things, don't you? I hate that bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's doing very well. Am impressed she can knit without her tongue hanging out - am told I do that when I am concerntrating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, well done Flora...I was much older than you when I learnt...(p.s... what a cutie) I really wanted to knit scarves, but they just turned out to be bookmarks... (my husband thinks this is hilarious, and brings it into conversation whenever he can, and he cant even knit!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flora is so beautiful. I miss her so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that she's interested and when she sees it turn in to something she'll be so proud.
    I wish you could come round here and teach me to knit. My mum's tried many times but I just don't seem to naturally pick it up, oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x