Now that things are starting to die off in the garden, it's starting to look rather sad and sorry for itself and in great need of a tidy-up. For some Autumn garden inspiration I headed off to my favourite garden centre, where there were still plenty of beautiful seasonal flowers and plants on show.
I've also started thinking about next Spring's garden and planning what preparations I will need to make over the coming weeks. I made a start by choosing some bulbs, which I'll be planting in containers, ready for a bright Spring floral show.
There were bulbs for every type and colour of Spring flower you could ever dream of- I felt like a child in a sweet-shop!
Within my selection, I picked up my favourite Spring flower of all- enormous scarlet tulips, similar to the ones I remember towering above my head as a toddler.
I hope everyone has been having a lovely weekend, despite today's rather wet weather. Mine has flown by unfortunately- work is manic at the moment and I feel entirely unready for tomorrow, bleck.
Anyway, thanks to all those who have entered the giveaway so far- keep the entries coming!
Wow, you have a very nice garden center to visit, or as we call it, nursery. Do you guys call it a nursery too? If not, that must sound very weird, huh? Anyhow, I can't believe how nice that shelf of bulbs looks! All the pretty packages of tulip bulbs, bagged and unbagged, just begging to be bought! Glad you made this post, now I want to buy some bulbs too!
ReplyDeleteHey Bonnie- yes we have nurseries too but they are smaller places where you buy shrubs and things direct from the grower. The 'garden centre' is like the Wallmart of nurseries with tools and the like xx
ReplyDeleteI bought some indoor bulbs that are little white daffodils but if planted up now they will flower for Christmas... I have to get some more as I thought I might grow some for gifts for Christmas...
ReplyDeleteI have some red and white stripped tulips to plant up ready for St georges day next year! lol
x Alex
Planning - it gets me every time!
ReplyDeleteI really must get out into the garden, but with alllllll the spiders at the moment dominating my little patch I'm kind of whimping out.
Have a lovely evening,
Nina xxx