Thanks for all your kind 'get well' wishes, I was feeling much more like my usual self again today- just in time to make the most of some of today's beautiful autumn sunshine. My lovely dad picked me up and took me for a country drive, stopping to do my obligatory Sunday garden centre visit, as well as a trip to a scrummy farm shop for some cheeses and local beers.
We also stopped off to pick some rosehips that we spotted on the way- they're so beautiful and shiny, just like twinkling rubies. I haven't got the heart to squash them up to make jelly or syrup, so I think they're destined to be dried and made into Christmas decorations.
Our cheese and beer made for delicious, indulgent lunch and was the perfect opportunity for the first sampling of my dad's Sweet Apple Chutney...
and Lou's Spicy Courgette and Runner Bean Chutney...
We loaded up our plates and munched our way through the well-earned feast...
and I can honestly say we all loved both chutneys- Lou's was a lovely chunky texture with a real kick and my dad's had the sort of fruity sweetness that tastes perfect with bitey mature cheddar.
And now the bit you're all waiting for- who won the giveaway??
Thanks for all your entries, it's been great fun reading all your favourite things about autumn and it seems particularly apt that I'm picking the winner on the day we had the first proper frost on the ground.
and the winner is.....
Well done to Jenny, you entered in the nick of time! Drop me an email with your address and give me a few days to get the rest of your goodies together. I hope you like what I send you.
Sorry to everyone who didn't win- hope you all had lovely weekends xxx
ooooh never mind (very envious of Jenny!)...next time eh? Wooohooo, so you are still alive after eating my chutney? No trips to loo? Good. Glad it was okay. Still have to try yours yet. I might follow your lead and treat ourselves to some 'proper' cheese and have a feast. Lou xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Jenny!
ReplyDeleteThanks for whipping us all up into a giveawy frenzy, it was fun. For your next one give away some chutney, it looks mouth watering. x
a worthy winner - lucky jenny
ReplyDelete& what a tasty looking lunch - it's making me feel hungry x
I can't believe I was lucky enough to win!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Your lunch sounds gorgeous, so right for this time of year.
Glad to hear feeling better
Jenny x
You found some rosehips though you know cranberries make very lovely Christmas decorations too.
ReplyDeleteNina xxx
I have heard of rose hips, but I don't know anything about them. Don't even know if they grow around here??? I will have to do some investigating on the internet. Love those jars of chutney...very homey...and yummy looking! I don't believe I have tried chutney before..of course we do have chutney in this country, but really, have I ever had any? doubt it. I've had plenty of jams and jellies...I think I need to get a good recipe and make some!
ReplyDelete