This week we had the unsettling, and frankly heartbreaking, news that our landlords intend to move back into our lovely little home in December. We'd become so settled in our cosy little cottage that we'd almost quite forgotten that it wasn't really 'ours'.
Whilst I adore this place, I can think of at least twenty things that drive me mad about it, so I think my initial devastation was less to do with the house itself, but more to do with how terribly vulnerable it makes a person feel when huge changes are thrust upon them by external forces.
Regrettably, it's extremely unlikely that we will ever be in a position to own our own home again, and whilst I love the fact that renting gives us the freedom of not having to worry about property maintenance, I yearn for stability and peace of mind for my precious little family. Plus, the thought of moving at Christmas time fills me with dread.
Nonetheless, there's nothing to be done but soldier on and find a new and even more 'perfect' little home for us. And I really don't want to get too excited or tempt fate, but I think we may just have found it... fingers and toes crossed!
It must be the goverments plans for this country and landlords are being crafty and cashing in on peps only security 'a roof over their heads' as i know four peps who either have to find a new rental just b4 xmas or their rent has sky rocketed!!!!...I mean just b4 xmas!!!! i think thats really unfare!!!!.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find your dream house x
I rent too and ive made it my home for nearly four years- i dread the day that will end.
Thats the scarey thing about renting- your always on a timer which can end at any time.
i wish u a happy home for christmas x
Oh no Charlie, that news is awful! You poor love. Gosh I would absolutely freak with news like that... I love your positive spin on it. am sure you will find a more beautiful home... bloody short notice tho! Could have been a bit kinder and given you 6 months or so to find something suitable. Big hugs hun, It will turn out cool I am sure. Love the poster... hheee made me smile! x
ReplyDeleteOh what a bummer! You seem to have a positive head on though - so good luck with finding somewhere even better, but rotten timing, as if December isn't busy enough! x
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your house hunt - you can do it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a complete pain. Hope you find something even more perfect.
ReplyDeleteWhat dreadful news, I really feel for you. Stay positive, your next home will be even lovelier than this one. Fingers crossed all goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteAnn x
Oh what a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteI have my toes and fingers crossed for you that everything works out just fine!
Keep your pecker up!
Jenny
oh my gosh! I can't believe that! That royally stinks! Well, I see that you are thinking positively and I am glad...life does throw us some unexpected curve balls, doesn't it? I will say a prayer for you that you will find a great new place to live!
ReplyDeleteWe also rent and the lack of security can be a real pain.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry to hear your news but I'm a great believer in that everything happens for a reason.
I'm sure you will find something so much better and it's great that you have such a positive attitude!
Have a great weekend!
B xxx