Saturday, October 30

remember remember

the 30th October?
 
It felt a bit strange that our local bonfire night took place when it was still October, but nonetheless we have had a super night. Plenty of whizzing, banging and flashing was enjoyed...



 and we threw some groovy shapes with our sparklers...




But the bit I liked best was the gigantic bonfire burning so fiercely- it was like a scene from the Wicker Man...



It really summed up some of the things I like best about living in our rather old-fashioned little community- the tendency to throw caution to the wind, where rather stuffy health and safety precautions would have won the day, when we lived in the city.

We finished off the night by snuggling up at home with generous helpings of hot spiced cider- the perfect evening!

5 comments:

  1. You have hit the nail on the head! I have said the same thing about bonfire nights. When I was a child in a small village we had huge bonfires and displays without being cordoned off or standing so far back we can barely feel the heat. Yes, horray to village firework displays... and boo to city health & safety! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a great night. A good old fashioned Bonfire night (as you say without the Health and Safety palava) just like when we were children. How lovely X
    P.S Thankyou so much for my Birthday wishes X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look like a perfect evening and 'pah' to health and safety - busy bodies with clipboards I say.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, that looks fun! That's an awesome bon fire! Now you've got me wanting hot apple cider! I will have to settle for a nice cup of hot Chai tea! Yum! P.S. Love the squiggley firework photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x