Saturday, November 20

cold comfort farm

We are very lucky enough to have a lovely children's farm just a mile or two from where we live, so this morning we braved the cold and took Pearl for her birthday treat.

Despite it being late November, there were still plenty of cute, furry baby animals and because it was quite quiet, the girls had nice long turns at feeding them.



We also took an adorable goat kid for a walk- I was sure we were going to have to take it home, as Pearl was not going to let go of that lead without a fight!



Then we collected some freshly laid eggs from the chicken coop

 and tucked into a tasty picnic in the barn.

Pearl enjoyed riding on the toy tractors

  and both girls had a whale of a time leaping about on the haystack.



It was definitely a really fun day out and I expect we'll be visiting regularly come the Spring, now Pearl's really at an age where she can appreciate it.
 

The farmers had begun preparing the barn for their delivery of Christmas trees, so I'm sure we'll be popping back in a few weeks to buy ours.



Not mention stocking up on firewood for a lovely new burner- I've no idea how much this sort of stuff costs, but £75 for 200 hardwood logs seemed like a total bargain- is it??

Only one week until the move- whoop whoop!!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks like a lovely day out. We must have one together soon (any chance before Christmas?). Am so envious of your log burning stove. My Dad says he pays £200 for a wintersworth of logs and he has his fire going the whole time, so sounds like yours will last a decent time.

    Good luck with the move. I'll miss your little cottage though - have lots of happy memories there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I do love this house- but the new one is so much nicer and there will be loads of space for you to stay! I would love to get together before Christmas, but no idea when or where.... any ideas? Of course you are welcome to come here, but that would be terribly lazy of me, especially after we never made it to C's party. Will catch up with you on Twitter x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a fab day. We get to go to these places now as grandparents (not a lot about when ours were small) and what great fun we have too. Big kids really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Winnibriggs, it was lovely. They are going to Bristol Zoo with their grandparents tomorrow, actually x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that farm looks great! More hands-on than anything around here. Collecting eggs, Rufus would love that.

    Bristol Zoooooooo - yippee! The zoo will 175 next year and to celebrate they are putting big Gorillas all over Bristol (like the elephants in London). My friend Sam is co-ordinating the artists to decorate them. But, anyone can enter their design... so many F & P might want to colour in a gorilla and enter.
    xx lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lou- F loves gorillas so I will let her know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a wonderful day out, I love that welly rack full of wellies! Yeah that is a decent price for wood, if you ring around you can usually get someone deliver you a lorry full for around £100.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x