Friday, November 12

red cups are go

Today marked a truly momentous occasion.

Every year I update my facebook status and send frantic text messages to just about everyone I know,  joyously announcing my first eggnog latte of the season. 


Sadly, I have had to significantly reduce my takeaway coffee consumption over the last couple of years- mainly in the interest of thriftiness, but also as an environmental consideration. However, I just cannot bring myself to sacrifice this wondrous hot beverage- winter just would not be the same without it.

So... I'm really hoping that a kind Christmas elf might take pity on my poor guilty green conscience and treat me to this fabulous festive porcelain eco cup that I happened to spot in my absolute favourite shop Urban Outfitters during our trip to Bath the other day...




Please Santa- I've been a very very good girl this year.
xx

9 comments:

  1. I had my first gingerbread latte last week, and I thought of you as you usually beat me to it with your eggnog reminder.

    I hate to be a bore (and I usually drink my coffee 'in' so less of an issues), but wouldn't you end up with sticky mess in your bag if you used this?

    It's very pretty though, and I am sure Santa will hear your plea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know late this year aren't I! I was holding out until after the move as a special Christmassy reward, but my cravings got the better of me. And worry your pretty head no longer missy, I normally drink my nogs at work, so I could just wash it out afterwards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cups are a winner and have made me super popular with the health and safety rep at school. Maybe Steve could do with one, no more scalding the children on the way to class. Yay to your eggnog latte. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a big fan of the gingerbread latte & had my first one last sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, I'm very jealous that you have one already, you lucky duck. Your yarn-bombing the other day looked awesome, byt the way x

    Kelly- I'm also partial to the gingerbread and toffee nut lattes, but the eggnog has to be the king of starbuck chrimbo fayre. Hope O is a bit better today x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these whole xmasy coffees have totally passed me by! How has this happened? Been living in a bush? I go t starbucks on a mon & tues morning before work, so will have to try one. Which is the best? egg nog or gingerbread? lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou- they are all lovely but eggnog wins the day for me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in the back of beyond we don't have any coffee shops in town so I've never had a eggnog latte nor a gingerbread one. I wonder what I've been missing??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vicky- you must find an excuse to take a trip to the city for some chrimbo shopping and try one out xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x