Monday, November 8

wannabe hooker


Today I was brave and posted this on my local community forum board:

"WANTED someone to show me the basics of crochet (jam jar covers, granny squares etc) in exchange for glasses of wine and a natter"

Fingers crossed I get a response, because I am desperate to make these.


9 comments:

  1. Wish I lived closer to you as I'd love to join you in learning to crochet. And of course to join you in a glass or two of vino!!
    Hope you get some response and I'm not surprised you want to make those baubles they look great.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo yes! I wanna learn too! I follow Pip of Meet me at Mikes, and have been eyeing up her baubles (oh that sounds a bit rude, must be me!) Do have any of her books, I think I might have to put one on my Christmas List. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely would it be if we all lived nearer & i could teach you ALL! maybe we need to set a up a 'crochet camp'

    kellyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Nice baubles!
    If you don't have any joy, try a good crochet book with photos, and supplement it with some of the excellent tutorial videos that are on YouTube. Thats how I learnt.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Country Girl's advice! Although be aware that if you learn via YouTube and it's an american video you may get a little confused when looking at English instructions further down the track - I managed to totally confuse myself that way when I was learning.

    I wish we could do a crochet/knit swap - I'm desperate to learn how to knit and am always so jealous when you post something you've finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I hope you get a reply. By the way make sure you pop over to mine and have a read of my blog, there may be a surprise waiting for you there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments- Kelly a crochet camp sounds like an awesome idea!

    I do have a lovely book with photos and have tired numerous tutorials, but it just doesn't seem to 'click' with me in the same way that knitting does, I think I really need someone to point out what I'm doing wrong. I will master it if it's the last thing I do!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I lived nearby I would have been tagging along with you.

    Your reason for wanting to show you crocheting, is the very reason I have not advanced on my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i wish i could remember how to crochet, but i havent done it since school i keep saying i shall have to join the ol dears in the village on their sewing day x good luck the baubles look fab homemade things on the tree look so much better x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x