I think I may be in the minority in thinking that 2010 was a pretty good year.
This was the year where we really settled into life in the countryside- making new friends, perfecting the art of living life on a shoestring and rediscovering beauty in the most unexpected places. Book-ended by heavy snow, this year saw us both starting new jobs, I entered my 30s and then finally we moved house (hopefully for the last time in a while!) We sledged, gardened, ate cake, crafted, picnicked, and walked our hand-knitted socks off. I started this blog, amazed myself by keeping it up and made some wonderful ‘friends’ in the process.
Here are just some of the highlights….
| Pearl walked, I celebrated turning 30 with afternoon tea at the Ritz, Flora made and ace Princess Leia and Steve discovered the peaceful joy of man's work up at the allotment. |
| We fermented, jammed, pickled, preserved and baked. |
| I got my first sewing machine, became even more addicted to knitting and discovered embroidery. |
| We spent virtually all our spare time outdoors playing, walking and picnicing. |
| We had a wonderful camping break in Sussex, where we visited our beloved former hometown Brighton |
So as 2011 dawns, I have been thinking about what I would like to achieve in the coming year. This is the list so far…
I am going to be disappearing for a few weeks as my laptop is on the blink and is being sent off for repairs. Fingers crossed it will be back with me and good as new soon, as I have a lovely new camera and will be wanting to show off my shiny new snaps!
Wishing you all a happy, peaceful and creative 2011 xx
Beautiful! Stunning photos, love the lanterns. One of my highlights of this year has to be making friends with you!! You are a massive inspiration.. will miss you whilst the laptop is being fixed. Lou xx
ReplyDeleteFab new years resoluations and photos from this year. I am with you on the crochet, I really want to learn this year :-)
ReplyDeleteMy resolution for 2010 was to learn to crochet and I have! Look at the tutorials Meet me at Mike has on Youtube, they are really helpful and easy to follow.
ReplyDeleteYour photography is wonderful, you have a good eye for a shot.
you have achieved so much, i love all your photos (can't wait to see what new camera you got!) have a great new years
ReplyDeletekellyxxx
What a wonderful 2010 you've all had! Here's to an even better 2011!
ReplyDeletewhat a great to do list for 2011, i couldnt wish for more myself and as for 2010 what alot you have all crammed in, i love to see your photos of events from 2010. i have to admit like lou, that i have really enjoyed finding and reading you blog and i look forward in seeing what photos you add when your laptop comes back. Have a good new year x helen
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your lovely comments- I am totally astonished and moved to think my witterings are remotely interesting to anyone, let alone inspiring- gosh! I would certainly never claim to know the first thing about photography and am blushing at the remarks about what I see as random snaps of everyday life.
ReplyDeleteYou all inspire me in turn and I have really enjoyed writing the blog (and of course it’s a bonus that I get to filter out the tears, tantrums and my enormous bum!).
Happy new year to all xx
Isn't having a blog great at reminding you of all the good that has happened in the last year - good to focus on the happiest bits!
ReplyDeleteI hope next year is even better for you and your family, I look forward to the next chapter. x
I love this post! What a wonderful idea to re-cap your year and all the lovely photos! I love your 2011 list! Happy New Year to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I need to loose some of my lard too!
What a beautiful post, amazing what you can achieve in 1 year when you reflect back! I think you and your family hae chosen a fabulously good life and hopeyou continue to be enriched by the joy of it in 2011 xox Have a happy new year and I'm with you on the lose some lard, sew a dress and go on a family bike ride ;0)
ReplyDeleteWell done on having such a great year when others haven't had an easy ride! Well done on such a positive , funny and heart warming blog, well done on documenting your family life in such a brilliant way. Have a wonderful new year, and well done on the resolutions, I may steal a couple. If only I had grandparents to be a better granddaughter to, still I could always concentrate on the loosing the lard element!
ReplyDeleteLovely post and beautiful pictures and memories... looking forward to another 12 months of reading along with your lifes path...
ReplyDeletehappy new year and love, laughter and joy to you all...x
For when ever you find this 'Happy New Year' and here's to a new journey in 2011.
ReplyDeletetake care
Nina xxx
ps. I love the lard comment - I will be right there with you. N xxx
Happy New Year! Love the resolutions. Good luck with them, and do come back soon!
ReplyDeleteLaura x
Wonderful post! I love the way you have put together the photos. Happy New Year, and there is no shame in admitting that 2010 was a good one :)
ReplyDelete