I can't stop thinking about our allotment and how much I want to get stuck into it. I spent all weekend badgering Steve to start building the raised beds so I can sow our garlic and onion sets- that will be his project for half term next week. Poor man never gets a break in a house full of girls!
Meanwhile my note book is brimming with all my ideas, inspired by the beautiful sunshine we've been having today. I can almost taste the strawberries!
Oh brilliant, you've done a plan. I must get round to doing this, wanna put one up on the blog. Do you have an Aldi near you. They have apple trees there for sale at the moment for £3.99! I bought a Bramley & a Elstar (like a cox) at the weekend. If they do okay then great, if not then it's only £8 lost. Lou xx
ReplyDeleteOooh thanks for the tip- I'm sure there must be an Aldi around somewhere near!
ReplyDeletei know i still have lots to do on mine, and i still need to move my strawberries over onto the raised beds, prehaps like you said next week will be a better time as long as the weather is kind to us all x
ReplyDeleteoh wow! how exciting!!!! ;0)
ReplyDeletei bought alotta seeds and bulbs in the pound shop! and started growing the sweet pea seeds on my window ledge...the gladiolli bulbs have already come up- just waiting for the bloom.
But also green beans, pea and peppers...going to try and see how many i can get going indoors then plant outside in may ;0)x
I'm itching to get stuck into some gardening too - fingers crossed for half-term!
ReplyDeleteVery organised :)
ReplyDeleteAm hoping for some decent weather at the weekend/next week so we can get some sorting done.
£shops & cheapie supermarkets often have some good stuff and it always grows well. I have a pear & plum tree that came from one of them a few years ago and they are doing fine.
yum, cant wait to see it grow!
ReplyDeleteA lady on a mission - I'm impressed. I must confess I'm so excited to be back at ours too, come on spring, we're ready!
ReplyDeleteOoh, very impressed with your plan. We gave up our allotment at the end of last year & plan to relocate it in our garden. Photo's will be on my blog soon - of our success, I hope. Very keen to see everyone's plans & ideas - I need some inspiration!!! I always grow my strawberries in hanging baskets - keeps the slugs away! Any other good tips? x
ReplyDeleteoh yes, the gardening season will soon be upon us! I'd like to grow strawberries as well! Can't wait to make strawberry jelly again!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get up the allotment - I'm just settling with the garden for now.....so much to do.
ReplyDeletetake care,
Nina xxx