Today I took a much needed day off today to take Pearl to her taster session at preschool- my baby's growing up! She had such a wonderful time playing with her new friends and wouldn't have noticed if I'd dropped her straight off there and gone!
Once she'd finished we made the most of our time together and took her scooter to blow away some cobwebs with some fresh Spring air.
We walked up just enough appetite for some delicious freshly baked cake- well, it would have been rude to walk past a tea shop without sampling the goods.
I had the perfect accompaniment to my tea- some lovely new seed catalogues to browse. I just can't wait to get sowing!
It's been a perfect Spring day- if only every day could be so relaxing!
Lovely pictures :-). It really looks like spring where you are - your snowdrops are well in advance of ours!
ReplyDeleteooo idyllic! Gorgeous photos too... can I ask how you get such a little gap between each photo - I still have a huge one...
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend lovely. TOnight Dan & I are without kids.. yippeee. They are having a sleepover at their grandparents. lou x
It would have been rude indeed to pass by the tea shop without stopping, lol! Good for you for taking the time to stop and enjoy life. Children grow up too fast.
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky that spring comes this early where you are. We're still in a deep freeze here in Southern Ontario!
yes totally agree, you do not need an excuse to stop at any cake shop. i must say what a lovely looking tea room, i feel i have just gone back in time x have a good weekend x
ReplyDeleteWow Pearl does look so grown up! Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day and such beautiful photographs, special mummy daughter times too xox
ReplyDeleteThat looks like such a perfect day plus tea and cake - of course it would be rude not too.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend,
Nina xxx
ps. love your pictures.
What a sweet post. I'll miss days like this when my youngest starts school in September!
ReplyDeleteOh what a lovely day you had. Love the look of that cake shop, so enticing no wonder you had to stop!
ReplyDeleteDon't kids grow up too quickly.
Gorgeous photos,
enjoy your weekend
Jenny x
How lovely. I really miss those carefree days with my kids - they're all 'in the system' now & having to 'conform'. I think I hate it most & they probably don't really notice at all, so keen to grow up!
ReplyDeleteLove the tea shop!
x
Your photo's are lovely and your little girl is adorable. I hope you get to sow some seeds soon. I have already sown some, but will begin in earnest in a week or so.
ReplyDeleteThank you for following my blog.
Have a lovely week-end
Maureen