Good luck to everyone protesting to save their local library today. Thankfully our little one is safe, but many of our neighbouring villages are not so lucky.
It's so sad to see communities facing the loss of such an invaluable resource- libraries are about so much more than just books and would be universally missed by residents young and old.
To find out where your nearest protests are taking place, you can view an interactive map here.

I've been out with my youngest this morning to join the protest at our town library. Really pleased with the turn out and will be back there next month for the next meeting.
ReplyDeleteOoooh I didn't know that some libraries were under threat to close down, I think I would be devastated if ours closed and would be the first to be there to protest. Really wishing everyone all the best with their protests with positive outcome xox
ReplyDeletephew! we have been to all our local libraries today, being on the boarders of 3 London boroughs there are quite a few, joining those we weren't already members of and taking out flipping hundreds of books! Great fun, but hard work carrying 18 huge stonking books back from the first trip. I limited the boys to 3 each on the next trips and took the car!
ReplyDelete