I adore my evenings at the moment.
I just can't wait to get home from work, tuck up my girls in bed with a story and then creep downstairs to cuddle up in front of the fire with my knitting.
After a total creative void throughout the entire month of January, it feels wonderful to have some socks on the needles again. I love how these ones are turning out- sort of Nordic looking, it reminds me of those funky 1970s ski jumpers.
But whilst I've been tucked up cozy and safe, my mother has been sheltering as the epicentre of Cyclone Yasi whirled past her home in Queensland. Thankfully, she's safe and well, but it sounded like a pretty frightening experience to say the least.
Makes me feel grateful for the dependably miserable British weather!

Oooo fire! How I envy you! I could do with one of those here now! Lusho socks, I must learn how to use dbpn.. and get on with making some of these. Glad your mum is okay... pretty scarey for her I am sure. x
ReplyDeleteyikes! glad to hear your mom is okay! that is scary...been there, done that. I love you picture of the fireplace. Your making me want to light a fire in my fireplace right now!
ReplyDeleteCute socks! Glad all is well with your mum. Can I ask you a technical question? How do you get the little teapot to appear next to the url of your blog? I'd love to put something up on ours! Laura x
ReplyDelete