I've been complaining for several weeks now about my extended dry spell in finding anything of interest in the many charity shops I routinely trawl through in my lunch break. But I'm pleased to say that I had a very lucky day today.
Firstly I picked up some super dooper JAJ pyrex- my first piece of Harvest
and a large Chelsea bowl, neither with lids unfortunately, but a steal at £1.99 each
My luck didn't stop there, in another shop next door I found the most fabulous 1970s Meakin full coffee set with pot, 6 cups and saucers, milk jug and sugar bowl for a completely ridiculous £4.99. I almost felt guilt handing over so little, as though I was ripping off a charity!
Just look how adorable the design is- those little stars on the flowers are the dinkiest things!
I then arrived home from work to find the postman had been and delivered the book that Maria from Me & Ma had sent me. This book was given away by the lovely Colette Moscrop as part of World Book Night a few weeks back. Maria was the first to receive it and has now passed it on to me and I will pass it on to one of you when I finish it. It even has its own tracking code so we can see where it goes and how many people have read it as it carries on its travels!
To my delight, Maria had included these beautiful little handmade bookmarks for the girls and I. Thank you so so much, we love them!
Finally, thank you to Gemma at Helloitsgemma for awarding me the coveted Liebster Blog award (get me and my awards recently, oo-er!).
Because their generosity has brightened up my week, I want to pass the award on to Me & Ma and Collette Moscrop who both have really beautiful, crafty and comforting blogs
and I also want to pass it on to the scrummy Lou at Little Green Shed, really just because her blog is and always will be my favourite of all. Thanks Lou for being my blogger bessie xxx

That coffee pot is so gorgeous, isn't it?! LOVELY haul! I really need to do a road trip and pick up some cute things... you are making me thrift-itchy! x
ReplyDeleteOoooh and that is the final feather in my charmed cap for the day- a comment from the legendry pip at Meet Me At Mikes- woohoo! I feel starstruck! Hope your spider-bite is on the mend xxx
ReplyDeleteWow what a day! Some wonderful finds, love LOVE the coffee pot (tres jealous!). Well done you your award hun... and yes I feel the same about you and your blog! xxx (p.s. Pip!!!!???) xx
ReplyDeletelovely finds! well done, was great to see you carrying in the bags all excited!!
ReplyDeleteI've got that coffee pot too! I keep thinking about selling it but had wondered if that lid colour was the original one, so obviously it must be. Maybe I just need bright green chairs to make it look as good as yours does... what a find, a whole set. How on earth did you stagger back to work with all that lot?? :)
ReplyDeleteLovely finds...I need to get rooting!
ReplyDeleteI am well jell of your finds. My 50p mug is feeling all downcast now ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the pyrex!
ReplyDelete:)
Great finds. i love that coffee set. I have to admit, I thought it was pretty cool too when I saw Pip's comment.
ReplyDeleteAdore the top pyrex dish and love the Meakin. I have a few Meaking coffee pots but not that one. Excellent bargains too.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was following your blog but it appears I was not (I wondered why I hadn't seen any of your posts in Google Reader - grrrr!). I now am following you. Hoorah!
you have some fab finds.. i did a post a few weeks ago about the drought that was occuring in the charity shops..it must be a nation wide epidemic!!.. i have found over the past few weeks it has been getting slightly better so maybe we are past the worst!!
ReplyDeletethe pyrex is amazing and i love your coffee set its gorgeous..
charl
x
Wow that coffee set is gorgeous - great find.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award and I hope you enjoy the book, I'm still reading mine (so slow!) I'm finding it quite interesting - though I must admit it took me a while to get into it.
What fun!! The coffee pot is lovely, and the book marks are so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteyou super scored!!! love all the florals!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the award ! lad that you like the bookmarks x
ReplyDeleteyou struck gold at the charity shops! well worth the wait for those little beauties XXX
ReplyDeleteWell done on your blog award and also your charity shop finds.
ReplyDeleteI'm also in a drought! I'm hoping to find something good soon, I love your finds, the coffee pot is gorgeous, here's to many more!