| image via wehearit |
I came across this lovely little project recently, where someone is making little paper cranes with positive messages on them and leaving them for people to find.
The idea for the project came from the short, nonfictional children's book, Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes about a girl who was stricken with leukemia after the Hiroshima bombing. It is in Japanese folk lore that if you fold 1000 paper cranes, you will be granted one wish. (It seems that the most common wish is for good health and happiness.) Sadly Sadako died before she was able to finish the 1000 cranes. Her family and classmates from school actually completed the remaining cranes she needed so that she could be buried with them.
Such and inspiring story and project and one that seems particularly fitting at such a sad time.
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDo you mind if I link to this today xxx
No of course not xxx
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely idea x
ReplyDeletethat really is a project to admire.
ReplyDeleteand something positive to think about in these scary sad times. x
So heart rendering, what a beautiful story. Really makes you remember what matters in life xox
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteEmily x
Such a beautiful story! I linked it to my blog, as I felt it was most appropriate and best described how we all feel.
ReplyDeleteWhat a touching and poignant story...I would like to link it to my post tomorrow. Thank you for this.....we all have to do our part and no part is too small. God bless Japan and its people.
ReplyDeleteThe Japanese families at Phoebe's school made those for a fund-raising sale last week, so we have a few around our house at the moment.
ReplyDelete