There was an old woman tossed up in a basket
Nineteen times as high as the moon.
And where she was going I couldn't but ask it
For in her hand she carried a broom.
'Old woman! old woman!! old woman!!!' quoth I.
'Oh whither Oh whither Oh whither, so high.'
'To sweep the cobwebs off the sky.'
'And I'll be with you again by and bye.
It was a beautiful day again yesterday- just perfect for watching the wacky, Wicker Man-esque May Day festivities. I know lots of people think it's creepy and weird, but my Spring isn't complete until I've seen a spot of Morris dancing.
I can't wait to hear about what everyone is planning to get done in the forthcoming month. The veggies should really get going over the next few weeks and it will soon be time to plant out the more tender crops. We've also got a long weekend away in Poole with the in-laws to look forward to towards the end of the month.
Happy May Day x








Quite right, Spring hasn't really sprung for me until I see the morris dancers.
ReplyDeleteThat May Day celebration looks like so much fun, Now I have to google Morris Dancers. Happy May Day!
ReplyDeleteLoves me some Morris dancing! Thanks for sharing the lovely pics!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day that looks. Love the bunting picture with the church, looks like a scene from a Ladybird book!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the sunshine and your weekend away.
Stephx - who's best friends parents were Morris Dancers! Our teenage years were tinged with embarassment I have to say.
oh beautiful images! I feel cheated as I didnt see any morris dancers or maypole twirling... bums to being in Bristol! Might have to move to the country! x
ReplyDeleteOne of my secret dreams is to do some Morris dancing :-)
ReplyDelete