Monday, May 30

dampened spirits

 What a wash-out the bank holiday weekend was. 

We hadn't intended to do much as we are trying to potty train Pearl, but a bit of fresh air wouldn't have gone a miss. Instead, we stayed very close to home, fitting in what turned out to be a rather eventful trip to the library (we bumped into a friend who was having a serious asthma attack and I ended up taking her two children home with us after she got whizzed off in an ambulance) and a family swimming expedition.

A combination of wet weather, a stinking cold and lack of any 'fun' funds due to car repairs left me feeling rather flat and uninspired last week. Hopefully I'll be back on blogging form this week and normal chirpy service will resume shortly.


Showing off her 'big girl' pants!

Have a wonderful week x

 

12 comments:

  1. Love your snail pic!!! i would have loved being at home today instead of being cold and wet in a Dorset field!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weekend was a bit of a wash out as well :(

    I adore that last photo though, so adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the potty training, Olive has had a relapse as she's got bored of the potty now, such a lot of washing! i hope the rain clouds blow away as we're off camping tomorrow! eek
    Kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the big girl pants, cute shot! I dunno if it's easier for girls than boys, but my two had to have two shots of training as they weren't quite ready. Lots of scrubbing of carpets! Louxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the potty training :) Love the pic of Pearl - you've reminded me I've a similar one of little son in just t-shirt, pants & wellies when he was training too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the potty training - it's not always as bad as anticipated, boy2 caught on far quicker than my eldest - which was a pleasant surprise.

    I know what the no-money wet weather blues can be like, maybe you could get some friends over for a clothes swap? Or go to a relative's garden armed with secateurs and get yourself some free cuttings for the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, potty training...such work! Good luck, lovely pictures as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh trust me your weekend was far more exciting than mine, i was revising. I remember when my lil sister was potty training, she always though it was quite novel and more often then not we'd find her almost stuck in the toilet because she would somehow fall in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bottom shot - little bottoms are always the best! It reminds me of my sister who is now 29, she would go around the garden with wellies and no nickers aged about 18 months and just wee into her wellies!! She will kill me for saying that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless Pearl's heart xox Alice love the idea of big Knickers but not he idea of the potty! Good luck, it will all come together soon x Enjoy your half term off and hope the sun shines and plenty of inspirational moments come your way xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to read about your dampened spiriits, I do sincerely hope they are uplifted soon.
    Warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snail pic looks beautiful. Hope the weather improved around your parts today (and the week with it).

    Truffle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x