It's that time of year again- more courgettes than you can shake a trowel at and I've already exhausted my courgette culinary repertoire.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining- I love courgettes, so it is a nice problem to have, but I could do with some new ideas. So far I've made umpteen roasted Medetaranian pasta bakes, crispy courgette pakoras, vegetable chillis and today we had a very tastey courgette lasagne.
Last year I used them in chutney too, which was lovely, but we had so much and never got round to eating it all, so I'm going easy on the preserving this year.
What are your favourite tried and tested courgette recipes?



Nice new look! How do you get such a wide blog, I cant seem to get it so wide. Anyway, back to courgettes. Have you tried Courgette cake, very yum. I made it last year: http://littlegreenshed.blogspot.com/2010/08/courgette-cake.html It's an Alys Fowler recipe. That courgette bake looks mega yum, I'm coming over! Lou xxx
ReplyDeletei agree on both accounts with lou. the blog looks brilliant! i have size envy!! and courgette cake is indeed delicious. i like nigella's version...with lime curd. total sweet tooth me. x
ReplyDeleteOh yum, that lasagne looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteSticking with the cake theme, my most favourite chocolate cake is a chocolate and zucchini cake, it is amazing: http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2004/04/chocolate_zucchini_cake.php
Also love a zucchini galette kind of thing - thinly sliced zucc on puff pastry, with lemon zest, olive oil, mint and fetta crumbled over (don't know where that recipe came from, but it's super easy. Just put the fetta on towards the end of cooking. Bon appetit!
:) Rhi
My son is a big fan of the Hairy Bikers and recently tried out their Courgette and Feta fritters - great results!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/courgetteandfetafrit_81427
Sadly, our courgettes are underproductive this year - it's the tomatoes that are running out of our control! Fortunately, we have friends and neighbours who appreciate them...
Corgette chocoalte cake - I swear its sin free eating!
ReplyDeleteLx
As mentioned by many courgette cake is great and we also loved Courgette and cheese bread last year - with all these suggestions you can now have entire meals with courgette for every course...is that a good thing?
ReplyDeletei just found a courgette & beetroot fritter recipe in the tescos magazine, i plan on giving it a try, could email if you fancy it? kellyx
ReplyDeleteIt looks delicious. x
ReplyDeleteJamies' onion and grated courgette pasta. He makes it with chilli, but you can leave it out for small people.
ReplyDeleteBest because it's easy, quick, and you have to grate like 6 courgettes, so uses loads.
Mmm that bake looks like cheesey deliciousness. A favorite courgette recipe of mine is a courgette and coconut curry - a touch of cinnamon and squeeze of lemon really sets it off.
ReplyDeleteYour photos and blog look fantastic. Have you tried a zucchini frittata? An Italian omelette in other words. Delicious with sweet courgette flowers too. Also, try griddling sliced courgettes and store them in jars of olive oil with garlic cloves and rosemary.
ReplyDeleteLove the new style blog.
ReplyDeleteWe've been eating lots of lovely courgette cakes (rosti style things), made with a sprinkle of dill and stuffed with a nuggett of feta cheese. Good old Nigel Slater! We eat them with big, fat roasted tomatoes and some ciabatta. Delicious.
I planted mine too late this year, not a sausage (well courgette) yet.
Take care
Stephx
your recipes do sound really rather fabulous. i made courgette chutney last year too but unfortunately a couple of the seals on the jars didn't work out too well and we ended up with some rather fizzy, fermenting vegetables...oh dear.
ReplyDeletemy all time favourite courgette recipe is hardly a recipe at all. i think it comes from the kitchen god that is nigel slater and it's just thinly sliced courgettes (sliced length ways) griddled or barbequed and when they're done drop them straight into a bowl with a olive oil and lemon dressing made lots of lemon juice and a few gratings of lemon zest and a season of black pepper and sea salt. you serve it with a few basil leaves scattered on top, you know, like in a restaurant. it is simply lip-smackingly delicious. enjoy!
best wishes
stephanie