After a horrid wet and windy morning stuck indoors, this afternoon we took advantage of the sunshine peeping through the clouds and headed off for a drive to see if we could spot any of the planes from the Air Tattoo. We couldn't see very much at all, so I ended up driving right over to the venue, so as not to disappoint the girls. Just as we arrived, we were lucky enough to time it exactly right to see the Red Arrows drive right over us, so close we could see the pilots inside. I pulled the car onto the grass right outside the entrance to the show and despite the obvious police presence, not a single one asked us to move on, so we were able to enjoy the entire display from our car.
The girls were screaming with delight as they shot about above us, loop-the-looping and spinning about, leaving their brightly coloured trails behind them. To my surprise, I became equally excited, not having watched them since I was a child, and I as was whooping and cheering out of the window like a woman possessed!
It marked the end of a pretty fantastic week all round. I do hope all of you have had a good one too.
Lou, you must tell Rufus and Charlie, they said hi! x

Oh wow, how lovely! :-)
ReplyDeletewheeeeeeee! Oh they are so exciting! The boys and the red arrows are old friends as you know! They will be coming over to visit in a few weeks time! (balloon fiesta!) xx
ReplyDeleteI noticed the red arrows flying over Malvern as I drove home from work yesterday. They must have been heading your way. They are brilliant aren't they? So cool.
ReplyDeleteWow, the view must be pretty awesome! xoxoxoo
ReplyDeletepretty cool. I need to go to an airshow one of these days!
ReplyDeleteyour blog is really sweet! this post made me smile... aint that a blast, to smile inside and out with an unknown person story?
ReplyDeleteOh, and let me add... those pictures are fun! Is that sky perfect or what? Check this out if you can: http://if-madewithlove.blogspot.com/2011/07/good-memories-dont-need-10-megapixel.html
ReplyDeleteI would love to know what you think about that, for I guess you know a lot about happy pictures, cause those really are! **