Sunday, July 10

festivities and fry-ups


This weekend our whole town has gathered together in the market square, pints of cider in hand, to enjoy the music and entertainment at our annual arts festival. The girls have been running free with their friends, skipping, dancing and drawing on the pavement with chalks. In a minute we're back off out to see some of Flora's friends take part in a 'flash mob' freestyle dance routine. I've no idea what to expect!


I've also been tackling the jungle of weeds down at the allotment- I put in three hours' hard labour yesterday and can hardly move today. I harvested the last of our early 'Maris Bard' potatoes and made some delicious hash browns with them for this morning's breakfast, served up with bacon, eggs and mushrooms- yum!

Back to work tomorrow, but I'm buoying myself the thought of Cornwall in two weeks' time, yip yip!

6 comments:

  1. Those hash browns look delicious, yum I wish that was my breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - beats my toast hands down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time!!! And what yummy breakfast, those potatoes look amazing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooohooo....nice! Nothing like a party with friends & cider. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love a local festie. How was the flash mob? And lucky you with Cornwall, I'm having to wait until the end of August for our visit unless I can sneak a weekend visit down before then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those hash browns look delicious! Yummo.

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x