Saturday, August 13

bun fight

I've been growing my hair for the last couple of years, mainly because I've been too lazy and frugal to go to the hairdresser. My hair now falls quite a way past my shoulders- the longest it's been since I was about 12, so I've been struggling to think what to do with it.

from here, here & here
I keep seeing pictures of these lovely high buns, so armed with a bun ring (£1 in Primark) and a few You Tube tutorials, I set about the daunting task of trying to recreate something similar...


At work yesterday, my colleague fixed me with a long, curious stare, trying to think what my new up-do reminded her of. And then she remembered...


Aunt Flo from Bod. Not really the look I was going for, haha!

15 comments:

  1. Aunt Flo rocks! She was always my favourite in Bod, it was her special music and her little dance. Yes I've been trying to get the ultimate bun, I've seen a tutorial on youtube using a sock. Yours looks very pretty and neat...mine is always a right mess. Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's brilliant. Love Aunty Flo and her hairstyle, just brilliant.
    Your hair looks beautiful, such a neat bun, wish I could conquer it....might just have to give it a try xox happy times ahead for you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who Aunt Flo is, but I think your hair looks lovely - I especially like the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that made giggle but you look lovely with your hair in a bun. By the way where did you get that tash necklace, my sis would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks peeps- it was very easy to do!x

    @SS necklace from here http://www.tattydevine.com/moustache-necklace-wood.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bun look - it's so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bun. I wonder if I can get one of these bun rings here in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, that's brilliant! I've been doing a bun too - I fell in love with Elizabeth from Fine Little Day's side bun.... less prim than a normal bun, more grown up than a side ponytail: perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I remember Bod! You are far more glamorous than aunt Flo though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bun! I used to have really long hair and could make THE BEST BUN EVER!! I twisted my pony tail really tight, then started winding it around into a cinnamon bun shape and tucked the end into the bun wherever I could and it was so tight and would stay perfectly without any help! I miss those days, it was the easiest thing ever!! My hair is just past my shoulders now, and I want to start wearing a bun again, but it won't stay by itself so I may have to get a bun ring or just a chopstick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, but you look so lovely! and your hair color is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He he! That's funny :) Your bun looks super. I keep seeing people with high buns and it looks tres chic...and I've just had all my hair cut off..hmph x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love the look of a bun, but it never seems to sit quite right on my head - yours looks fab though. And who wouldn't want to be like Aunt Flo?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha, I love this... I keep seeing with people with lovely top knot buns and thinking how fab they look – just they really don't suit me. Yours looks fab... though I am giggling at a little at Bob (I'm going to think of that now whenever I see anyone with one!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x