Brighton had obviously been missing us- we were greeted with blazing sunshine and blissful memories. It's back down to earth with a bump with Sunday evening melancholy, as I mourn the cavernous chunks of dear friends' lives I've missed whilst living so far away.







Great photos. You look so happy. I was thinking, shall we arrange a day in Bath soon, just the 2 of us. Window shopping, food and a chance to properly chat. Lou xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photo!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love Brighton ... so many great memories!
Love Brighton - it always gives good photo!
ReplyDeleteI've been to Brighton once... (I proposed to Les on the beach!) and driven through it once when we went to pick up a car from the other side of Brighton...
ReplyDeletefabulous place... anywhere you can roller skate along the seafront is thumbs up in my book... lol
So sorry your Sunday evening was a bit low... but the lows do make the highs all more special and memorable.. xx
Good to catch up with family and friends isn't it. I love to whizz over to Brighton on the train (1 hour from here) for a girlie shop and lunchy. Don't be low, Christmas is coming and that always means another family/friends get together! If the thought of that doesn't lift you, then have a wardrobe clear out. Anything too big or "cumfy" has to go! See, better already.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! I've haven't been to Brighton, but would love to visit one day x
ReplyDeleteOh bless you! We were also in Brighton this weekend, the weather was gorgeous wasn't it. Love your photo's just beautiful. I know about that post weekend with old friends melancholy, it truly does leave a hole in your heart. Sometimes i feel it's too painful to speak to old friends of mine in South Africa, we just send a quick e mail or text to stay in touch, there is soooo much to say to the point where I don't know what to say, so we love each other from a distance and that somehow makes it easier. Hope you have a joyful week ahead xox
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time and a chance to catch up with friends. I haven't been there for years, must get down there with my girls sometime.
ReplyDeleteWe love living 5 mins away from Brighton, but have to say that I love looking at the photos from others perspective of this vibrant place. Great shots, love the Sun came for you!
ReplyDeleteD x
Aah, Brighton is a hard ole act to follow once you move on to pastures new. I lived there for years with dp (before kids) and I still get pangs 'n' pines for my old life there...Sadly couldn't afford it and had to move out but very much enjoy visiting and being it's guest now! Good to embrace the new as well.
ReplyDeleteLoving the Brighton pics... makes me want to go back now (and have some sunshine too please!)
ReplyDeleteyou make me miss brighton too! lovely photos x
ReplyDeleteTrès agréable visite... Merci.
ReplyDelete