Happy Easter everyone, I hope the Easter bunny has paid you all a visit.
We're celebrating with a roast dinner, accompanied by our first harvest of the year- I can't wait to sink my teeth into those tasty spears of purple sprouting broccoli. I bought the seedlings at a car boot sale on Easter Sunday last year, so it's funny to think a whole year of growing has gone by before we finally get to sample the goods!
The rest of the allotment is coming along nicely too, but there's still lots of work to do. The pear trees we planted last year have more blossom on than you could shake a stick at, and we have lettuces, spinach, carrots, onions, garlic and broad beans already in the ground. We really must get on with planting some potatoes though.
The guinea pigs have been pretty chuffed with the leftovers and weeds we've been returning with too- just look at today's juicy guinea salad!








what a wonderful allotment full with greens!- yum!
ReplyDeletelove your girls...my daughter adores her fifi scooter i bought second hand over 2 years ago!-zooms around the park! ;0)
lovely photography- Happy Easter!
x Kazzy x
Happy easter! Scooters are just the best for wee ones aren't they!
Deleteyum - well worth all the hard work - your allotment is looking fab - makes me feel rather guilty about all the chocolate my two have been eating today - opps, still about to go & make a chicken pie, so better have a lots of veggies with it!
ReplyDeletekellyxxx
Happy easter Kelly- we've had a fair bit of the brown stuff all weekend too, so don't feel guilty. Enjoy your pie x
DeleteHappy Easter, lovely lady! What beautiful photos. We had my parents' first purple sprouting today too and it was scrummy! Xxx
ReplyDeleteHappy easter to you too! Only another few minutes before I'll be chomping into the psb!
DeleteSounds like a good day. Will be planting my psb seeds this week, so it'll be good to know that in a years time I can remember reading about yours!
ReplyDeleteDelicious it was too! I can see a stir fry coming on with the rest. We haven't sewn any seeds yet- must pull my finger out.
DeleteWow your allotment looks gorgeous! Much better stocked and groomed than ours... hope you've had a lovely day. xxxx
ReplyDeleteWell there's still a lot to do, I just left the messy bits out of the pics! I've been a bit slack with seed sowing this year, so we did buy some plugs on offer at the garden centre a few weeks back. We have had a relaxing one today- hope you've been having fun x
DeleteWowsa - that's all looking fabulous. Lots of pears this year?
ReplyDeleteHope you've had a fab day.
Happy chocolate Sunday
Nina xxxx
Certainly hoping for lots of pears- pretty chuffed as those pear trees cost me about £3 each (I think!?) at Lidl last year! Happy easter xx
DeleteYour allotment is very impressive. Enjoy the psb. Nothing tastes better than home grown x
ReplyDeleteIt was truly delish! We just had it steamed with the roast today, but I'm planning stir fries and pasta dishes for the rest of it!
DeleteOoh I love that broccoli it's so pretty to look at but of course much better to eat :) I imagine it's just amazing having an allotment to go to when the weather is nice. Can't wait to move house so I can get my name on the allotment waiting list x
ReplyDeleteHope you don't haver to wait too long to get one! x
DeleteHi, your garden is going to look great when it all takes off.
ReplyDeleteThanks- fingers crossed! Trouble is it's not just the veg that takes off, it's the weeds too!
Delete#1 I love the baby chick artwork!! very adorable!
ReplyDelete#2 loving the phone booth! We Americans are smitten by these things! My sister in law just purchased a replica wooden London phone booth to put in her daughter's room. It is almost full size...it has a door that opens and there are shelves on the inside. I have a little wooden London phone booth that came in a kit that you build and paint. I love it!!
#3 your purple broccoli is absolute gorgeous and looks sooo delicous!
#4 wow...look at all of the blooms on your tree! gorgeous!
Haha- the phone booths aren't such a novelty here as they are in every town and village, except I don't thing anyone actually uses them anymore, given that everyone has mobiles, so I'm not even sure they actually have phones in them!
DeleteThat broccoli looks amazing! (I strangely have a real thing for broccoli at the moment!) :) Every time I see allotment pics, it really makes me want one but the waiting list is HUGE in Edinburgh (also I'm not good at gardening either!)
ReplyDelete