Tuesday, April 10

rainy days

This school holiday has been a bit of a wash out and lack of funds has meant we haven't been able to entertain the girls with indoor play centres and the like. Instead we've been mainly making do with the trips to the local swimming pool and playing at home with some toys that haven't seen the light of day in quite a while. I'm not a very natural player (my mummy comfort zone is generally reading books, or doing craft) and I have to make a conscious effort to get down on the floor and join in with imaginative play, but when I do I always really enjoy it and wish I did it more often!


Whilst Pearl has mostly been playing really nicely, Flora's been a bit of a sulky madam this afternoon (you can probably tell by her face!). Grrr, if it's not one of them it's the other... roll on the sunshine, please!

8 comments:

  1. This post did make me smile! I remember those days well, mine are all grown up now.
    Your allotment is looking good. :0)
    A belated Happy Easter....

    Lou xxx

    PS. fingers crossed for some sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very strange- we started off the day with glorious sunshine, walked up to the pool, only to get stuck in a down pour, the weather just couldn't make it's mind up! Anyway, so far so good weather-wise today!

      Delete
  2. Yes I am the same about playing - it's bad isn't it. Ru is always asking me to play animals..I find it dull! Oh well must try harder. Your girls are looking so grown up! And why isn't Steve joining in? hmmmm?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, can't moan about Steve- he's so much better at playing than me, he has the patience of a saint. And he does 10 time more housework than I do... I'm very lucky!

      Delete
  3. Oh those rainy days - we had some sunshine today and am really hoping that we will have some tomorrow - the boys are off with a friend to build a boat by the river. They need some time outside! Me, I need some time by myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely need some sunshine today- so far so goo here x

      Delete
  4. Oh I love playing... my cousin who has two girls laughs at how much playtime I can do. Think it's because I'm a big kid rather than really doing it for the kids themselves! ;) Admittedly I do it in short bursts as a kooky aunt as opposed to being a mum of course! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah well you'll make a grand mummy when the time comes! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x