Tuesday, April 24

gosh, thanks

Wow, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all your lovely comments on my last post- thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement, I can't tell you how much it means! 

I haven't been blogging about my healthier lifestyle (mainly for fear of boring everyone to tears), but because so many of you asked how I did it, I will point you in the direction of the totally free calorie counting website 'My Fitness Pal' where I found all I needed to stay completely focused and will continue to log my food an exercise for the foreseeable future, as I don't trust myself to maintain alone just yet. And as a former fitness-phobe, I cannot advocate for exercise enough- find something you love and keep it up- the extra calories you burn mean that you don't have to be anywhere near as careful about portion control and the buzz is just a wonderful feeling. I've been doing all sorts of things, but make sure you choose a balance of cardio exercises and strength training- the muscles I've built doing Bodypump (my latest obsession!) have definitely increased my metabolism and mean I can eat more yummy food too- hurrah!

Anyway, before you all fall asleep with the tedium of this post, I realised earlier that I forgot to show you my new Tatty Devine necklace that I ordered on our recent blissful weekend away. I'm so delighted with it- the perfect anniversary pressie!


Thanks again my lovely bloggy friends xx

19 comments:

  1. well done, well done and once more for good luck well done! i have looked at your pics loads today because i just can't believe the before and after shots...i even started rambling on to my hubby when he walked in through the door from work tonight....heheheh... on another note....your necklace has totally freaked me out...i am a 'MrsH' too and i have been looking at the EXACT same style...and font (but with a star under and possibly in green or red)...and now i am very very freaked out...aaaaaargh... XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is very spooky! You need to order it now, it's a sign! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, and after all that agonising over the decisions involved! xx

      Delete
  3. Love your new necklace, so pretty. I too have recently become a bodypump addict, love it! I feel so much better for it and hate when i can't go to a class. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodypump is so much fun isn't it- I always feel so proud of myself when I can up my weight!

      Delete
  4. Having held onto a WeightWatchers memebership and lost only monetary pounds (it helps if you actually go to the meetings) I shall have a look at MyFitnessPal. Can't hurt, might help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck and let me know if you need any advice. xx

      Delete
  5. Well done you look great. Such an amazing accomplishment. I love the necklace - what a lovely anniversary present. My partner proposed with a Tatty Devine ring, I do love their stuff! Fab fox tattoo too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline- I love tatty Divine stuff- have been a loyal customer of their's for 10 years or so- it's such a joy to see a small creative business do so very well x

      Delete
  6. Okay...I am loving that necklace!! I have to tell you this, only because it is so funny and makes me so completely dorky and not hip it is pathetic....when I looked at your necklace, I read it as "Mr. Sh"....I am so sorry! LOL...then I read the comment below about how Miss Caroline is also a "Mrs. H" as well! I scrolled back up and I'm like "duh!!!" Oh my gosh, I am so stupid! LOL! Okay...it is sooo obvious that is says Mrs.H....now I am like really loving it and I have to make or do something for myself so I can have something that says Mrs.R. That is awesome..I'm headed over to that website now! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I just checked out the website...how outrageously fun...I have not seen anything like that before. I have to tell you, I saw a necklace with the name "Lottie"...If I were to change my name to something British, it's gotta be Lottie! Great name...I'm sure it is short for Charlotte, maybe?? But I have never heard anyone here with that name, or nickname. Of course I am sitting here saying "Lottie" with my best impression of a British accent...wonder what you would think if you heard it...you'd probably laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe funny you should say that, but my name actually is Charlotte (but everyone calls me Charley, rather than Lottie). I'm sure your British accent would sound 100% better than my American one xx

      Delete
  8. I suppose I'm just repeating what many before me have said, but seriously YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I imagine it tooks tons of discipline (of which I need to borrow please!) but it has really paid off! Congrats AND the tatoo is a wonderful present to yourself! WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are looking fab, huge congrats! I really must get my arse into gear and start doing some exercise, my metabolism is slowing down far too much for my liking :-) By the way you have the most wonderful eyes !x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it - really like these necklaces, I want one. (Though not with Mrs H on obviously, my husband would get suspicious)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh- wow! how massively inspirational too, huge congratulations! I also love your little fox tattoo! I'm planning my next one, cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh thanks for the link (and the inspiration)... rather tempted to try it out as I've not really been eating/exercising that well lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice to hear that you like Bodypump,I love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x