I did a brave thing today....
This charming little foxy fellow, designed by the fabulous Elizabeth Pawle, was my reward to myself for doing this....
Last week I finally hit my goal and, after all this hard work, Mr Fox will be a constant reminder that I NEVER want to look like the images on the left ever again!
Have a lovely week everyone xx


Woah! Amazing... well done you! You look fantastic, and I'm especially keen on your cardigan.
ReplyDeleteThanks Flora- cardie was from a vintage shop and I've barely taken it off since I got it- it's so comfy and chirpy!
Deletewell done! I adore your tattoo, very tempting for a 3rd one!
ReplyDeleteI do have a few more left over from my wild teens, but this is by far the loveliest! Thanks x
DeleteYou are one brave, strong, determined and beautiful woman! Well done.... you deserve it hun. The tatt is awesome. xx
ReplyDeleteAaw sweetie, you're so lovely. Thanks for all your fab support xx
DeleteWowsa - you look gorgeous. Well I think you do before and after, but it takes some mighty fine determination to keep on going and achieve that goal.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love your tatt and well I think you know how you've inspired me.
Big hugs hun,
Nina x
Oh Nina- I can't wait to see yours as I know it will be uber stylish! good luck xx
DeleteWell done on your weight loss :)
ReplyDeleteAm loving MrFox - make sure you keep him moist whilst its healing - I was recommended Savlon for my tattoos.
Thanks Vicki, have been rubbing in some nappy rash cream they recommended which seems to be doing the trick! x
DeleteWELL DONE! You look beautiful in the before & after pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the tattoo!
You have inspired me to start my diet now, thank you. :0)
Lou xxx
Thanks Poppy, good luck! I have been using www.myfitnesspal.com and found it brilliant x
DeleteYou look amazing. I am so impressed with your willpower, cos I have none! Very well done. I also love your tattoo, what a brilliant and unique one to get. x
ReplyDeleteThank you Jen xx
DeleteWow, you look fantastic and have spurred me on to get shifting my excess. LO will not go to sleep without me so no chance of getting out to a gym in the evening so I'm going to have to get an exercise DVD. Thank you for inspiring me. I adore the fox. sam xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam- don't be too hard on yourself, it is impossible when the kidlets are small. I had the same problems with bedtimes, but it does get much easier when they get bigger. Good luck xx
DeleteOh you star! Such a hard thing to do, and so successfully! Well done you x
ReplyDeleteI have been struggling with my weight ever since I was started on steroids to control my rheumatoid arthritis ... now I'm off them I've given myself a year to slim back to my previous skinny self with a start date of May 1st. Seeing your post has totally reassured me that it can be done. Thank you :D
Good luck Annie, if I can do it, you absolutely can! I used www.myfitnesspal.com which I found brilliant x
DeleteWell done! You look fab, what an inspiration for anyone wanting to lose a few pounds. I'm not a tattoo person myself, but I have to say Mr Fox is awesome.
ReplyDeleteThankyou!
DeleteHow gorgeous are you with your very cool tattoo!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - I bet you feel a million bucks!
Thankyou Lizeylou x
DeleteThat's AMAZING!! Congratulations!!!! And I LOVE the fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete: )
Marica
Thanks Marica x
DeleteWell done! You look A M A Z I N G! What a super cool tattoo too. Love it :) x
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea x
DeleteOMG you look TOTALLY AMAZING - wow, you should be so proud of yourself, i'm so pleased for you, and i'm loving mr fox too XXXXXXXX
ReplyDeletei have to post twice cos i have just looked at your pics again!!! you really are amazing XXXXXXXXXX
ReplyDeleteThanks Caroline- I feel pretty good, it must be said. I worked out that I actually lost the collective weight of both my children- I can't understand how I was able to walk, as I certainly couldn't carry them both up the shops! I've just noticed you commented on my original post last year http://www.floraandpurl.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/health-kick-up-bum.html can’t believe that was a year ago (although I never really got off the ground properly till August!) x
DeleteI'm sorry - I have to keep coming back- you just look so absolutely blooming fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI may have to print this page out and stick it up on my fridge :)
Nina xxxx
Tabiboo i know what you mean...i posted twice, have just been on the school run, and looked again when i got home! xx
DeleteYou're more than welcome to Nina, ha! As I said to the others, I can't recommend www.myfitnesspal.com highly enough x
DeleteWow, lady! You look seriously gorgeous. Congratulations on reaching your goal - nobody can ever take that achievement away from you, but how lovely to have a permanent reminder for yourself. Especially one as cute as your fox. Hero. Xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Hero xx
DeleteCongratulations what an amazing accomplishment - I have a stone to loose and I've been having trouble finding the willpower to do that! Your tattoo is very cute - It's making me want another one! xx
ReplyDeleteThankyou! Good luck with your stone- I read it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so after that you'll be flying xx
Deleteyou look fantastic!!! fantastic fox for sure hehe ;0)x...you are beautiful anyway, but its amazing to reach your own goals...ive lost a stone and half and feel so much happier about myself ;0)...well done you, love your styly x
ReplyDeleteWow well done you- it makes such a diference to feel happier about what you see in the mirror, doesn't it x
DeleteWowee, well done! I met you briefly last year at Elene's baby shower and loved your style & crafting prowess then... Elene told me about your blog and I have been in awe of both your crafty/home updates and your weight loss journey since. You look fab. And that tattoo is aces :-D
ReplyDeletex
Oh thanks so much for your lovely comment. You may have realised the first picture was acutally taken at the babyshower- I was horrified when I was tagged in that picture by someone on facebook, but I'm very glad I was because it gave me the boot up the bottom I needed! Take care xx
DeleteI thought it might have been. You've done brilliantly. I've got a friend who's been doing the My Fitness Pal diet as well and has lost over 3 stone. You're both cracking examples of what can be achieved with will power and sensible eating/exercise. Now I just need my kick up the bum. The app's on my phone but not really been used at all, so I may have another look today.
DeleteTake care x
Absolutely bloody brilliant! Well done you x
ReplyDeleteThanks lovely
DeleteWell done you! How fab is that! Your health is your wealth and you must feel the richest girl in the world. Much love, beach hut cook x
ReplyDeleteThankyou so much- looking forward to reading more exciting news from you, now you're back in the hut! x
DeleteAMAZING! What an inspiration! I've lost 21 lbs so far...I've got a crazy long way to go (another 100 lbs) But seeing your pictures is really motivational! Did you just eat well and exercise a few times a week? You look fantastic- and I love the idea of rewarding yourself with something that is a constant reminder of how much hard work you've put in and a warning of not to let things slip again! Fingers crossed April 2013 I'll be doing a similar post! Thank you for sharing this and seriously WELL DONE! x
ReplyDeleteWell done- 21 lb is so good and if you've got that far, you can totally make it to the end! I was pretty religious in my calorie counting and food logs- I used www.myfitnesspal.com and will continue to use it to maintain for the long future- don't trust myself just yet! With regard to exercise, I've been steadily building it up- starting off with just a couple of hours a week, but I have found I've needed to increase it as time's gone on. Luckily I found things I love- dancing classes and bodypump, so it never feels like a chore and I've more recently started enjoying running (no way did I think I would ever be able to say that!!) and general working out at the gym. Will be continuing with the exercise for ever now. Good luck with the rest of your challenge x
DeleteCongratulations! You look fabulous! And I am loving the fox tattoo! :)
ReplyDelete--Erin {erinink.etsy.com}
Thanks Erin- you'll be my first port of call if I want a pyrex design next, ha! (maybe that might be taking it a bit too far...)
DeleteOoh amazing you're so brave! Congratulations too that's all that running I swear by that for looking and feeling good and so addictive too so beware you're looking amazing as you are don't lose anymore!! I haven't done it in ages I must get the trainers out perhaps I should sign up for a race that usually gets me going again :) x
ReplyDeleteThanks Caroline- I swear I never believed I would ever enjoy running- I couldn't even complete the 1500m at school without having to walk half of it! 'i'm entering a 10k race at the end of June- can't wait! x
DeleteI am overwhelmed at how brilliantly you have done, a HUGE congratulations on this phenomenal achievement, it takes guts, determination, self belief and certainly some blood sweat and tears to achieve what you have done. Your foxy treat is soooooo well deserved. You look gorgeous! xox A real inspiration! xox Penelope
ReplyDeleteThank so much xx
DeleteWell done for sticking with it! Very impressive. And your skin is glowing too, bonus!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica- I do feel so much healthier in so many ways, so it must have done me good! xx
DeleteWow, that's an incredible loss. You look fabulous. You should be so proud of your achievement.
ReplyDeleteThankyou! Yes I am proud- don't think I ever expected to actually get here, now it's a bit daunting switching to maintaining!
DeleteFantastic! You look amazing - well done, you must be so proud. x
ReplyDeleteThanks Colette x
DeleteWowsers, you’ve done amazingly well and you look booootiful :) x
ReplyDeleteHaha, not too much like a Bernard Mathews turkey, I hope! Thanks Kerry x
DeleteAwesome!!
ReplyDeleteThanks x
DeleteI am late chiming in but you look amazing. What an accomplishment! I have seen my sister undergoing a similar transformation over the last year and a half and have so much admiration for the hard work, determination and discipline involved. And if possible, your eyes look even more beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThankyou Tara *blush* x
DeleteWow, well done, you look amazing!
ReplyDeleteThankyou Col x
DeleteOH MY GOODNESS GIRL! As soon as I started to read your latest post and read your thankful words...I just had to jump down to this post right away and see what was going on and what did I miss! Well, WOW!!!! Absolutely wonderful! I am so happy for you! You are GORGEOUS! Look at you! That is so inspirational! I have to say...that is exactly the amount of weight I have to lose...about 75 pounds. In fact, I pretty much look like your before picture...right about the same!! I cannot even imagine myself looking as great as you do! That is so wonderful and you must be soooooo healthy!! You go girl! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bonnie, I am blushing! I think if I was a brilliant cook like you I would never want to slim down! I never had that excuse though! xx
DeleteP.S. The fox tatoo is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!! My kinda tatoo! I don't have any....haha, but that is my kinda tatoo!
ReplyDeleteAmazing achievement - well done! And and excuse for a whole new wardrobe. You were always pretty but you must be super proud of your new figure - a Mrs Fox to go with your Mr Fox tattoo! I did sign up to My Fitness Pal actually, I must start recording food properly. Sadly I've yet to find any exercise I really enjoy - riding used to keep me fit but that's not really an option these days. xx
ReplyDeleteOh wow, well done you! And what an amazing tattoo as a reminder too!! Love him :) x
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You look amazing. I've been struggling for over a year myself (the last 8 months I've lost and regained the same 10 pounds over and over). But you're inspiration that we shouldn't give up. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteWowsers I think the foxy tattoo definitely celebrates your foxy new look! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteWOWZERS! You look fab!! And I love your little fox tattoo. I'd still really like to get a tatt but still don't know what to get!! How did you lose all that weight? I'm really desperate to lose loads of weight now, but nothing I try seems to work! What's the secret?!! :-) xx
ReplyDelete