Well this half term's been a wash-out, hasn't it. We attempted to go camping, only to pack up at midnight on the first night due to the dreadful wind, rain and overall chilliness- wimps, I know. We did still mange to cook some sausages and toast marshmallows over the fire before we left though, so it wasn't all bad. Today the girls have been making a camp of their own to compensate- this time in the warmth of our lounge...
ps I don't normally dress them in matching clothes- we went shopping and they were allowed to chose a new dress each as a treat. Typically they both insisted on having the same one! (but they do look kinda cute....)
They do look like they're having a good time. Mine keep dressing alike too, which is confusing because they look very very similar - like a confusing pair of long-short twins!
ReplyDeleteHaha- what funny things kidlets are. I never really understand this sibling stuff, being an only child!
DeleteOh bless and I know what you mean about the half term and camping. You wouldn't catch me camping unless it was one of those Harry Potter fully equipped pop up things.....all ready made, comfy and warm on unpacking.
ReplyDeleteLove the matching dresses
Nina xxxx
I love the idea of a Harry Potter tent! Really hoping the weather perks up before our next planned trip, first week of July!
DeleteI love indoor camping! Much better than outdoor camping in this awful so-called summer, I don't think you're wimps for bailing out at all. As long as sausages and marshmallows were consumed, it still counts as a camping trip in my book! :) Rachel x
ReplyDeleteThat's true- is the marshmallows that really count!
DeleteI really, really want to love camping but whenever I attempt it I find myself either too cold/hot/wet to properly enjoy it... And did I mention I am a bit of a wimp about spiders/snakes/creatures ;-) x
ReplyDeleteOh crikey, well I don't think there were any snakes- although we did see a giant Roman Snail!
DeleteCute ...
ReplyDeleteThanks, I suppose they are really, when they're not trying to kill each other!
DeleteLove indoor camping. I mean I love outdoor camping but this weather doesn't make it a whole lot of fun, does it! We haven't been to the beach hut for days now. I am not a happy blogger. I even stamped my foot and put my hands on my hips the other day!
ReplyDeleteOh it relaly is so horrid feeling cooped up in this weather, when you're the sort of person who like getting out and breathing the fresh air. Hope you get down the hut soon x
DeleteHello, I've found you via Lou @ Littlegreenshed. How sweet that they chose matching dresses. Very cute, I'd be tempted myself if they did my size!
ReplyDeleteI said that too- I love the funny little faux collar!
DeleteI think in door camping looks a lot of fun, and the girls do look cute matching, its good to do once in a while....
ReplyDeleteLx
Thanks Lydia, do they do look sweet and they thought it was hilarious wearing the same!
DeletePopped over from your spot on littlegreenshed ... love the indoor camp .. after the weekend we have had in melbourne (celebrating the Queen's birthday if you don't mind!) .. i should have had that in my wet days arsenal for my boys! what a loooong long weekend! your blog is lovely! Hx
ReplyDeleteOh no- not wet your way too, surely?! Thanks for popping by xx
Delete