Hello dear readers. You must forgive my rather long absence- my spare time has been taken up tolerating a troublesome toddler who has decided she doesn't like sleeping any more, which has been rather hampering my crafting of late.
However, I have managed to squeeze a little embroidery in between the tears and tantrums, so today I finally completed my bird-emblazoned bedding- hurrah!
However, I have managed to squeeze a little embroidery in between the tears and tantrums, so today I finally completed my bird-emblazoned bedding- hurrah!




All patterns, other than this one, are adapted from images found on google image search, with the 'line drawing' filter selected and were then traced on to the fabric with my transfer pen. I'm really delighted with the result and think it looks just right on my bed.

I'm now thinking I need some bird taxidermy to sit on the beam above the bed, to complete the look- what do you think? Too much? Too wacky? Too...... creepy??
Never too much, never too wacky, never too creepy. The bed linen looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm liking it, I'm liking it alot!
ReplyDeleteAs for the stuffed bird - go for it but keep it simple, if you went for a stuffed flamingo for instance that may be a bit too much. :)
Toublesome toddlers - I know that one very well.
ReplyDeleteHope you have you have a restful weekend.
Nina xxx
oh dear - hope the lack of sleep doesn't last long,
ReplyDeleteloving the birds though x
wow lovely bedding - love the embroidery- despite having a non-sleepy toddler you have done rather well ;0)xx...i remember a teacher who lived on our road as a kid who had all her pet rabbits stuffed and sat next to her fire place- i think it depends on what kind of bird, some look abit creepy at night!...but great for halloween ;0)xx
ReplyDeleteI love your embroidery birds! They turned out great! I really love to do embroidery, I find it relaxing. As for the bird...hmm...I think you should go for it. It's ok to be wacky! I have so many wacky ideas and I am always wondering if people think I'm weird!
ReplyDeleteHope you get some sleep soon.
ReplyDeleteMy "toddler" turns 3 on Monday but seems to have just really hit the terrible 2's. His tantrums are incredible - and not in the good sense!
Your birds are great and look great placed over the bed.
Jenny
Love the embroidery, it looks fab.
ReplyDeleteI have a stuffed Sparrow Hawk (one of the few odd things my Dad used to give me), I keep it in a shoe box in the loft - it feels too real and I'm sure it's eyes can see me.
I may have nightmares just thinking about it now, ewwww.
Hope the sleep deprived toddler settles down soon, x
Oh this gorgeous! Such a lovely idea. I've been having problems with Ru just latey too. I think he just misses hs big brother and can't deal with it.
ReplyDeleteTaxidermy - hmm not sure. I would go for something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/horribleadorables
lou x
These look fantastic - what a nifty gadget the transfer pen is! The whole bed set-up is wonderful - bedding, blanket, bird picture - I think a stuffed bird is essential.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny reading through your blog and seeing what your little Flora is up to - I always get an odd feeling seeing my name in print, does everyone get that or am I just a weirdo/egomaniac? :^)
Thanks for your comment too!