Happy weekend everyone!
We spent the day yesterday indulging our collective love of all things food-related at Coleshill Food Festival. Amongst other things, we enjoyed delicious crispy hog-roast, local fruit and veg, and dairy ice-cream, all washed down with beer and cider.

The adorable farm animals kept the girls entertained- Pearl was especially impressed with the ducks. I do wish we had the space to keep some poultry- they're the ultimate pets with perks, aren't they? One day, maybe.

The adorable farm animals kept the girls entertained- Pearl was especially impressed with the ducks. I do wish we had the space to keep some poultry- they're the ultimate pets with perks, aren't they? One day, maybe.

Flora is also keen on country life- she currently aspires to be a farmer when she grows up and looked quite at home on the vintage tractor...

On one of the stalls, this 1950s fabric caught my eye and I was getting my purse out ready to buy, until I saw the price tag.
Have a guess how much it was?

I chose some yellow courgettes and pumpkin seeds, which I've squirrelled away ready for the spring. It'll be great to have the space to grow them now we have Pear Tree Cottage garden, as my courgettes in pots did not fair very well in my own garden this year.

There was also some fabulous produce to be admired at Coleshill Organics, where I was able to have a nose through their polytunnels brimming with tomatoes ripening on the vine and young winter salad in beautiful straight rows.
Just look as the incredible espalier fruit trees, stretched along this wall as far as the eye could see- did you ever see such wonderful apples?

I was completely bewitched by this fabulous green house- can you imagine having something so beautiful to grow vegetables inside- it would be a dream come true!
and I was hugely jealous of the gardens we walked past in the village, where all the cottages are rented from the National Trust. I think this must be one of the most beautiful gardens I ever saw...

Is it me, or are the weekends getting shorter these days? It's Sunday already and I'm still exhausted!
Just look as the incredible espalier fruit trees, stretched along this wall as far as the eye could see- did you ever see such wonderful apples?

I was completely bewitched by this fabulous green house- can you imagine having something so beautiful to grow vegetables inside- it would be a dream come true!
and I was hugely jealous of the gardens we walked past in the village, where all the cottages are rented from the National Trust. I think this must be one of the most beautiful gardens I ever saw...
Is it me, or are the weekends getting shorter these days? It's Sunday already and I'm still exhausted!

Oh what a lovely day! Flora looks great in the tractor, I think my two would have joined her in there. Have a great day today, we are off up the plot x
ReplyDeleteEEK! indeed £68 for a small piece of fabric! I know it's 'vintage' but crikey. Don't they know there's a double dip going on!!
ReplyDeletecan't believe the price of that fabric!!! looks like you had a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the sort of day out I'd have enjoyed :) Ouch @ the price of the fabric - it was lovely but not £68 lovely!
ReplyDeleteLook like a wonderful place, so great to start to start planning for spring planting already, I'm thinking along those lines too. Great fabric - £68 though - yikes!! x
ReplyDeleteLovely pics~
ReplyDeleteI have a new linky blog if you'd like to participate :) feel free!
http://linkhandmade.blogspot.com
Niki :)
Sounds like a great day out.
ReplyDelete£68 pound no wonder you put your purse away! That's crazy!