Monday, October 25

bath time

Last time we tried to go shopping in Bath we had to get back in the car and go home after twenty minutes because Flora and Pearl were so appallingly behaved.


Today, I'm delighted to say, I was very proud of them- there wasn't a single complaint from either of them as we looked round the many shops.


Two fabulous, fun, whinge-free days in a row... it must be a record!


Their impeccable behaviour was rewarded with a lovely, long play in the park


and, as it was obviously down to excellent parenting, naturally I decided I deserved a couple of treats too- 

new CK wellies...


and a giant stash of lovely soft yarn...


which will be used to knit us all new hats- I'd best get started as I want them ready for Saturday's fireworks. Do you reckon I'll finish them in time?

Hurray for my fabulous family!


13 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so nice when your kids are a credit to you, isn't it? We've had a good few weeks too, and life is so much better for all of us. Cara even admitted today that she hadn't given me a minutes peace and agreed to 15 minutes without saying the word 'Mummy' once - result!

    Great girls, and great wellies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm meant to be going to Bath next Saturday but have opted for Bristol instead!
    Love the wellies and I never thought I'd say this but the wool has Me a little excited too!
    So glad you're kiddies behaved for you!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bath, one day I'll get there.
    I too love the wellies can you feel the green.

    Good luck with your move, I'm sure it'll be a more fab place for your brood to settle.

    lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bath - we visited during the summer.

    Well done you on sticking to your guns with the behaviour thing - shows it does pay off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I love that park, we should have met up and had a play. Next time you are over this way?? Lou x p.s. LOVE the Wellies, you definitely deserve them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds lovely & so great the sun has been shining, your wellies look fab & mmmmmmmm yarn, we're going up to london this week & i hope to fit in a little shopping too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! lol

    Well done little guys and of course its down to being a wnderful parent... enjoy your wool and the wellies! :D

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay for good days! And look at that sun - wish we had some. You earned those gorgeous wellies - enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the weliies! Was it you that did all those Christmas socks? In which case of course you'll get the hats done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wellies and all that yarn.

    So glad you had a lovely time - it does make all the difference when the little ones co-operate. I remember a time in York and we were the same - straight back to the car, no messing around - but then the treat was lost.

    Have a fabulous day,

    Nina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wool and wellies, looking forward to seeing the hats. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so glad you had a good time its such a pleasure when you can go out and have a swell time with your young ones. it feels like a day of bless.
    and i have to agree with everyone else i do think that your wellies are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I am glad you had a wonderful time shopping and the kids behaved as well! I know what it's like when the little ones just don't want to cooperate! I love your new boots! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x