Saturday, January 22

the big garden birdwatch

Next weekend we will be taking part in the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch. All you have to do is print out the child-friendly bird identifier sheet, spend an hour watching for birds in your back garden on either Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th January and then submit your results to the RSPB, to help them get an idea of the numbers of wild birds currently in the UK.



We've hung up the bird feeder that Flora made at Rainbows in the hope that the birds will start stopping by in time for next weekend.






Flora has been having a think about which birds we might spot in our garden and drew this lovely picture...



  
Perhaps a peacock might be a little optimistic?



I hope you are all having lovely weekends so far- I'm having a quiet one as Pearl is unwell with a stomach upset, so Steve has taken Flora out to see Narnia at the cinema. Time to dig out the knitting, methinks! x



3 comments:

  1. I hope she gets her peacock wish - you never know.

    We shall be watching our garden next weekend - just hoping our resident squirrel doesn't scare them all away.

    Hope Pearl is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those bird pics are awesome, she should make cards to sell! Hope you and Pearl can get some rest today. Big hugs Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures - who needs a print off sheet? We too do this every year, we do get a bit over excited and competitive though!
    Hope the little one is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I read and appreciate every single one. I would love to have time to reply individually to them all, but daily life always seems to scupper my plans x