Thankyou for all my birthday wishes yesterday and I'm glad you like my lovely olive trees. I also wanted to say thanks for all your brilliant ideas for my back yard the other day and welcome to my new followers- I promise to catch up with all your own blogs soon.
As promised, I wanted to show you some of my other lovely birthday presents. I got some perfect, thoughtful gifts that had obviously been chosen especially for me. One of my most special gifts was this pair of 1963 Stitchcraft magazines from a dear friend...
They are especially precious, because they had belonged to her mother, with whom she had been incredibly close. I know she would have only have given away her things to someone who would appreciate and look after them, so I am extremely privileged.
They truly provide the most extraordinary snap-shot of the pre-feminist era, where women were expected to look after their appearance for their husbands...
and be perfect and beautiful mothers...
There are some really sweet patterns inside- I adore this little sunsuit, it's cute as a button. But knitted attire for a sandy beach... really??
or how about whipping up a golf sweater for your 'one and only'?
As a die-hard Mad Men fan, this one has to be my favourite advertisement of all- almost impossible to believe it's actually for real!...
Thank goodness we women can knit and sew for pleasure these days, rather than as a duty!
I know you will cherish these, I hope to see a nice made item from the pattern's!!
ReplyDelete